Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restricting Comment/Posting Access to Fans only

2 posters

Go down

Restricting Comment/Posting Access to Fans only Empty Restricting Comment/Posting Access to Fans only

Post by emjay22 Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just joined this forum.
I have been trying to figure this out , with no luck. Where in the settings of my fan page can I restrict that only fans can post / like photos, comments , etc. I do not see this option anywhere and I am running a contest where members post photos and whoever has the most llike wins. However , people are liking their photos without first liking the page. How do I change it that a person cannot like or post anything on my page unless they are a fan?

Thank you all in advance!
emjay22
emjay22
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Restricting Comment/Posting Access to Fans only Empty Re: Restricting Comment/Posting Access to Fans only

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm afraid that's not possible; there are very limited Privacy Settings for pages, that only allow you to make your page invisible to everyone but admins and disallow fans from posting any type of content.

You could only achieve what you're looking for with a Group, instead. A closed group has content visible to members only. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Restricting Comment/Posting Access to Fans only Empty Re: Restricting Comment/Posting Access to Fans only

Post by emjay22 Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Thank you for quick reply. Did it used to be possible in older versions of facebook? Because I've definitely been on pages that did not allow me to post anything unless I liked the page. I tried to get people to like the page first before they do anything by crating a landing tab but it doesn't always direct people to that page first, only if they are not signed into facebook at all.
emjay22
emjay22
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:00 pm

emjay22 wrote:Thank you for quick reply. Did it used to be possible in older versions of facebook? Because I've definitely been on pages that did not allow me to post anything unless I liked the page. I tried to get people to like the page first before they do anything by crating a landing tab but it doesn't always direct people to that page first, only if they are not signed into facebook at all.
I've been on Facebook since 2008, and I don't remember having seen a setting for that. What you can do is add a tab that shows content to Fans only (for example, a comment box you can use as your Wall); this way, not only you'll be able to check who sees that content, but more people will feel curious and 'like' it. Very Happy

If you're interested in that, click the 'Shop' link in my signature, then the 'Custom Tabs Shop' topic. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by emjay22 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Sorry to be annoying with the back and forth, below is a link with na example.
It is a page, if you click on their wall you can see that you cannot post anything on it unless you click like. Is there some kind of programming involved there? Thank you so much for your help. See link below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
emjay22
emjay22
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:17 pm

emjay22 wrote:Sorry to be annoying with the back and forth, below is a link with na example.
It is a page, if you click on their wall you can see that you cannot post anything on it unless you click like. Is there some kind of programming involved there? Thank you so much for your help. See link below
Cannot post? Yup. the ability to post is available to fans only. Non-fans can't post.

Now... I can see that Wall's content even though I haven't 'liked' the page. Once again, it's not possible to do that; there is no way, not even through an external application, to accomplish that.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by emjay22 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Sorry , I wasn't being clear, that is what I mean. That only fans can have the ability to post or like things on my page. It seems that right now non fans are allowed to like photos on my page's wall. Here is the link, tell me if you can like something.

Thanks you so much, I really appreciate your help.
emjay22
emjay22
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 pm

It seems that right now non fans are allowed to like photos on my page's wall.
I can't 'like' ant of your pictures, there is no Like button below... everything works as it should. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by emjay22 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Great, thanks a million Happy
emjay22
emjay22
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:35 pm

:partytap:

Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down