Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting Content to my Fan Page

3 posters

Go down

Posting Content to my Fan Page Empty Posting Content to my Fan Page

Post by PeterG Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:12 pm

As a page administrator, I can't figure out how to post content to my fan page from other websites using the "Share" button on those websites.

When I go, for example, to Mashable.com, and find an article I want to post to my fan page, I click the "Share" button. But then the facebook dialogue box appears saying I must switch back to my personally named page to continue. When i do that, the content is posted there, and not to my fan page.

How can I make my fan page the default destination for content I want posted from other websites?

Thanks,
Pete
PeterG
PeterG

Back to top Go down

Posting Content to my Fan Page Empty Re: Posting Content to my Fan Page

Post by DragonSearch Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:47 pm

One way would be to copy the url of the article or whatever other content you want to share and paste this onto your page's wall. Make sure to do this while signed in to an admin account of the page or else it will appear as a person posting to to the page's wall. Does this make sense?
DragonSearch
DragonSearch
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobbler Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 pm

I have the same problem. Yes, you can manually add the link to your fan page, but why do you have to? If you are logged into your fan page - not your personal account - why does it make you switch users? There must be a reason for this and a simple way around it.
Cobbler
Cobbler
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonSearch Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:52 am

Unfortunately there is no way around it. Using Facebook as your page has it's limitations and this is one of them. Sad
DragonSearch
DragonSearch
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down