Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook will not send me security code text to verify "compromised account"

2 posters

Go down

Facebook will not send me security code text to verify "compromised account" Empty Facebook will not send me security code text to verify "compromised account"

Post by peterletran Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I lost my cell phone which had all my personal information and accounts logged in constantly.
However, none of my passwords were visible to the thief.
I have since replaced my cell phone, and changed my passwords.
I accidentally clicked a link sent to my email regarding the thief attempting to associate an email of his to my account.
Ever since then, facebook suspended my account awaiting identity verification.

During the verification process, I am never "texted" my security code.

What do I do about this?!
peterletran
peterletran

Back to top Go down

Facebook will not send me security code text to verify "compromised account" Empty Re: Facebook will not send me security code text to verify "compromised account"

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:33 am

peterletran wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I lost my cell phone which had all my personal information and accounts logged in constantly.
However, none of my passwords were visible to the thief.
I have since replaced my cell phone, and changed my passwords.
I accidentally clicked a link sent to my email regarding the thief attempting to associate an email of his to my account.
Ever since then, facebook suspended my account awaiting identity verification.

During the verification process, I am never "texted" my security code.

What do I do about this?!
Suggest you do this on a computer that only you access and that you know to be clean and clear of infections

But I do hope you have learnt a lesson from this as to why you should never leave yourself logged into any thing any where as you then 'give a free gift' to a thief !!!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook will not send me security code text to verify "compromised account" Empty Re: Facebook will not send me security code text to verify "compromised account"

Post by peterletran Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:52 am

I still get stuck at the screen requesting a texted security code.
peterletran
peterletran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 am

Did you do this

but on a computer with Proper Protection and one that is only used by you ? I suggest that what is still happening is the 'thief' has still got access to the Facebook account and you need to do something about it to reclaim your access to it ..

Ask them to send an email to an email address that you know has not been compromised !!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by peterletran Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 am

I am unable to complete that process as well. It immediately sends me to the "automated suspended account verification process", and I get stuck at the screen requiring the "texted security code"
peterletran
peterletran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Try this

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down