Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent. Is this a scam?

4 posters

Go down

Urgent. Is this  a scam? Empty Urgent. Is this a scam?

Post by corkie Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 am

Here is the message:

Hey , I discovered a way to view who views your wall

Follow these easy steps to find out:

1. Copy this code:

{Code Removed}

2. Paste it in your URL address bar and click enter/return.

Note: The URL adress bar is the white bar where you type your websites.

:message ends

3. Wait for the {{Trick||Glitch||Spoof} to process and then check your account!
corkie
corkie

Back to top Go down

Urgent. Is this  a scam? Empty Re: Urgent. Is this a scam?

Post by s8h Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:11 am

asdf;uh;askjdfb;'ouahedf wrote:Here is the message:

Hey , I discovered a way to view who views your wall

Follow these easy steps to find out:

1. Copy this code:

{Code Removed}

2. Paste it in your URL address bar and click enter/return.

Note: The URL adress bar is the white bar where you type your websites.

:message ends

3. Wait for the {{Trick||Glitch||Spoof} to process and then check your account!

s8h
s8h

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:58 pm

@s8h: That kind of nonsense messages will only get your account banned from here.

@corkie: That's indeed a scam. DO NOT use that code!

What it does is to run a script that can be found here => http://fgh.fbglitch-a.info/e.js (Link is safe to check, it's just a javascript document).

Most of the code is encrypted using a paid tool, so it's unreadable to me. But the first part shows this...

Code:
var chatmessage = "Hey %firstname%  I just found out you were one of my top stalkers, you can find yours at  ert.fbglitch-a.info/?w3ifs1g";
  var postmessage = "%tf% %tf% %tf% %tf% %tf% %tf%\nwtf guys, you appeared as the people who stalked me the most, you can see yours at http://sdf.fbglitch-a.info/?7z1o2ev";
  var redirect = "http://fbglitch-a.info/final.php";

This seems to send multiple chat messages to your friends asking them to check a link that leads to that page. All "My top stalkers", "Who sees my profile", "ProfileSpy", etc. applications are HOAXES, so what this code is trying to do is spam all of your friends to get a few more visits (and therefore more money) for this crappy site.

Finally, they'll be redirected to a "final.php" site. These guys can track and get your cookies (that store your personal information in every website you access) using PHP, which doesn't show up under its source code, if you JUST click on the link to this page. Don't! That's one of the easiest ways to be hacked, called XSS (Cross Site Scripting).

Long story short, don't use this code. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stingg Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 am

many thanks for the info Happy !!
stingg
stingg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by corkie Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:09 pm

Thank you thank you thank you! The sting in the tail is scary:
Finally, they'll be redirected to a "final.php" site. These guys can track and get your cookies (that store your personal information in every website you access) using PHP, which doesn't show up under its source code, if you JUST click on the link to this page. Don't! That's one of the easiest ways to be hacked, called XSS (Cross Site Scripting).
Sorry to be leaning on you so much but how do I check up on this?
I have run a full antispyware scan and it found 83 tracking cookies. Have I done enough to be 'safe'?
corkie
corkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:43 pm

No problem. Wink

Sorry to be leaning on you so much but how do I check up on this?
I have run a full antispyware scan and it found 83 tracking cookies. Have I done enough to be 'safe'?
I don't know much about infections and viruses, but think you can't know when you're being "XSSed". Your cookies are saved in your browser's settings until you clean them, and what these pages do is, through javascript and PHP, "send" them over to this guy's host, who can then use them to access any page with your personal data.

What would be best to avoid being "XSSed"? Never click on links you don't know are safe, and always check suspicious pages' source codes. Running scans regularly may also help. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down