Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birthday Card Spam

2 posters

Go down

Birthday Card Spam Empty Birthday Card Spam

Post by debracarey Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 pm

A friend just told me that she received a birthday card from me but I didn't send one. I went to her profile and sure enough on her wall was a message saying something like "I've just sent you a birthday card" and my photo that I use for my profile.

Has my account been compromised? Should I change something on my security settings?

Thank you so much.
debracarey
debracarey

Back to top Go down

Birthday Card Spam Empty Re: Birthday Card Spam

Post by Ruby Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:21 pm

You can still log into Your Facebook Account?

You still have control over the email address associated with it?

If so please tell us what the Protection if any is on that computer and when it was all last updated and full computer scans run ..
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by debracarey Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:53 am

Yes can still log into my FB account but it has asked me to change my password, which I did.

I'm running a Mac with no protection.

Thanks
debracarey
debracarey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:28 pm

debracarey wrote:Yes can still log into my FB account but it has asked me to change my password, which I did.

I'm running a Mac with no protection.

Thanks

Question; did you request the Password change and if so did you get an email from Facebook about it?
Sophos antivirus can be run on a Mac
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As Apple computers grow more popular than ever, they're an increasingly-enticing target for hackers. And these hackers aren't just mischief-makers—by targeting your computer or applications you use, these criminals are out to steal and profit from your valuable personal information. Don't let them. Get free Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac today.

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 am

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down