Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reset password, sending codes to friends, email error

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reset password, sending codes to friends, email error Empty Reset password, sending codes to friends, email error

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Tue May 17, 2011 5:02 pm

I have been locked out of my facebook account for over a week. Somehow my email address got removed from my account, so I have tried using the reset password, change email function and it wants me to send codes to friends. When I try doing this, I get an error email error, try again later. This has been happening for a week. How can I ever get back in my account?
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Reset password, sending codes to friends, email error Empty Re: Reset password, sending codes to friends, email error

Post by Ruby Wed May 18, 2011 4:25 am

You would have had an email from Facebook telling you about any changes; what did you do with that email?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Reset password, sending codes to friends, email error Empty Re: Reset password, sending codes to friends, email error

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Wed May 18, 2011 1:30 pm

I never got an email from Facebook, telling me that my email was removed. That was never sent from Facebook. Sorry! I need in my account!!!!
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed May 18, 2011 2:56 pm

facebook.com/johnny.jo40 wrote:I never got an email from Facebook, telling me that my email was removed. That was never sent from Facebook. Sorry! I need in my account!!!!

Any changes you make to your Facebook account get notified to you by Facebook for you to either 'ignore' as legitimate

(eg;you get something like this when you change your Facebook Password

You recently changed your Facebook password. As a security precaution, this notification has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.

If you have not changed your password, your account may have been the victim of a phishing scam.Please follow the link to regain control over your account:
)

I suggest you please check in your spam email etc for the email you will have had from Facebook to what was your email address associated with Facebook that tells you a request has been made to change the email address....

Find it please !!!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Wed May 18, 2011 3:02 pm

I am telling you, I checked all spam, trash and inboxes and no facebook email saying any such thing. I should be able to use this send codes to friends thing that facebook has, but it isn't working. Saying email error try later and later it does the same thing. I NEED INTO MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed May 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I do question what you say about non -receipt of Facebook emails as I have also had this issue on another thread and ...lo and behold the email was found !!!

Try this then

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Wed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

What you sent is the thing I have been using to try to get back in. I had a friend of mine check my account and look for the contact info and it only shows "facebook.com/johnny.jo40" nothing more. When I go to the link you gave me, it tells me I must give them a way to contact me, so then it takes me to the link send code to friends, when I do that it takes me to email error try again later. I am getting nowhere. I do not know what happened. I have checked my emails again and it is not there. Please help.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Fri May 20, 2011 12:58 pm

I have gotten no reply to this post. Where is Ruby? Isn't she supposed to be answering questions? I have checked emails over and over and no email from facebook concerning this matter.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri May 20, 2011 2:25 pm

facebook.com/johnny.jo40 wrote:I have gotten no reply to this post. Where is Ruby? Isn't she supposed to be answering questions?

May I ask just who you think you are to be addressing anyone in this manner ?

I have checked emails over and over and no email from facebook concerning this matter.

I again note from another thread similar to your problem of 'non receipt of Facebook email' that the individual did check thoroughly ( or so they thought !!) for an email then really 'looked' and found it!!

How do you read your emails ?

On server or via an email client?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Fri May 20, 2011 4:12 pm

On a server. I have looked, and I am no dummy for an email. THERE IS NONE.
My point is that the send codes to friends should be working. Why is it not working. I REALLY NEED IN MY ACCOUNT PLEASE!
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Thu May 26, 2011 1:15 am

Are you going to be offering some help to get my account back, other than asking me to look for an email that isnt there? I would really like to get back into my account please.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Please try

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Do we assume you are still saying you have not had an email from Facebook about this ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Ruby listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not have an email from facebook, once again. What else can you offer me to do besides an email that doesn't exist. Please give me help, I need my account. It's been too long now. I used the link you put above and sent it out, still nothing!
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 am

You have previously made changes to your Facebook account..yes?

As previously stated, we can all expect to get email notifications about changes we make to our Facebook account (so we can validate them or not as the case may be)
Did you get any of those email notifications?

Have you in the past had any emails from Facebook at all?

Of interest;what if anything is the Protection on that one privately- owned- and- only- used- by- you computer you use to access Facebook?

When was it all last updated and full computer scans run ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 pm

I never had an email attached to my account. When I first set up the account, I used my mobile phone number, because that is what I used to get online with at the time. I never used an email address, therefore, I did not get an email!!!! I didnt get any texts either. Please stop asking me about emails and stuff and just tell me what hoops i need to jump through to get my facebook back.
btw: my computer is scanned weekly, although i usually only use mobile to get on facebook, so that is kind of a moot point.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

facebook.com/johnny.jo40 wrote:I never had an email attached to my account.

With respect; your very first post says
I have been locked out of my facebook account for over a week. Somehow my email address got removed from my account

btw: my computer is scanned weekly, although i usually only use mobile to get on facebook, so that is kind of a moot point.

With what is it Protected please; name the Programs you have on there please ..
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:14 pm

I never had an email on my account, it was my mobile phone number. When you log in it says email or mobile phone number (just like it does there I was using the generic term) IT WAS MY PHONE NUMBER. NEVER AN EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!!
Mcaffee, as if it matters because i already told you that it isnt important. Please dont ask about email anymore or what my comp is protected with. Just help me get back in my account.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:26 pm

facebook.com/johnny.jo40 wrote:I never had an email on my account, it was my mobile phone number. When you log in it says email or mobile phone number (just like it does there I was using the generic term) IT WAS MY PHONE NUMBER. NEVER AN EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!!
Mod Note do not use Caps ; I will not be shouted at
So why did you say it was an email address that got removed?

Mcaffee, as if it matters because i already told you that it isnt important. Please dont ask about email anymore or what my comp is protected with. Just help me get back in my account.

OK ; You will not tell me what questions I may or may not ask; I will continue to ask whatever questions I believe to be relevent and, with respect, why did you tell us to start with that it was an email address that had gotten removed from the account as that is of great importance for an account that has been hacked
I do ask apart from McAffe which I assume you have recently updated and run a full computer scan with?

Is that the only Protection program you have on there?

Also; if you refuse to answer questions then our help may well be withdrawn so I hope you understand that?

Soo.. I assume that your actual problem is your Mobile devise is not receiving communications from Facebook correct?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 pm

I use my mobile phone, I didnt think saying an email would make a difference. I have always used my mobile phone to access this account. I get email alerts from you on my phone and comp. I use my mobile phone to access facebook. I don't think it has been hacked because I had a friend check and she says there is no activity from me. It is just there floating around in cyber space. For some reason, something got messed up and now i cant get into my account. It was a sudden thing, where i tried to log in and no way to get in. I can prove that i am johnetta wilson, so my question is how is it possible to get back into my account?
i have no idea what other programs are run on my comp as my husband does that, but i assure you it is safe.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 pm

I use my mobile phone, I didnt think saying an email would make a difference. I have always used my mobile phone to access this account. I get email alerts from you on my phone and comp. I use my mobile phone to access facebook.

If you go on the internet with your Mobile phone (or any devise ) it needs Protection on it ; What Windows version and what antivirus Program do you have on that Mobile phone ?

( ie; we need to know that that Mobile phone has not got an infection on it that may be wiping out any notifications received...do you understand that ?)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm

I have no idea what protection is on my phone honestly, I really don't. I access things online daily and no problems.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:09 pm

facebook.com/johnny.jo40 wrote:I have no idea what protection is on my phone honestly, I really don't. I access things online daily and no problems.

Please ask someone who knows what to look for on the phone to find the antivirus Program and other Protection programs;

If it does not have any Protection on it and it goes on the Internet you have no way of knowing if you have picked up an infection till things start going wrong!!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:23 pm

I called AT&T and they told me it is protected by their services and that I have a basic phone that cannot receive a virus, it is not an open service. That is what I was told.
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:28 pm

facebook.com/johnny.jo40 wrote:I called AT&T and they told me it is protected by their services

Please do ask them what that is ...

and that I have a basic phone
What do they mean by this ?

that cannot receive a virus,

If it goes on the Internet it can pick up infections!!

it is not an open service. That is what I was told.

What do they mean by this ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebook.com/johnny.jo40 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:32 pm

They said that I do not have a droid or newer phone, which is an open internet service.
I have a phone that has their own protection on it, and they said that it cannot receive a virus. That is what I am being told. Their number is 1-800-331-0500. I am using samsung a777 SGH.
I am sorry but I cannot tell you anymore. Can you please tell me what this is going to do to help me get back in my account?
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
facebook.com/johnny.jo40
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next