Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot tag friends in pictures posted in group.

2 posters

Go down

Cannot tag friends in pictures posted in group. Empty Cannot tag friends in pictures posted in group.

Post by jseiler Mon May 23, 2011 12:44 am

I have a kayaking group with 20 or so friends in it, they are in the group, and are also friends on my home page.

If I post a picture on my page, I can tag any of my friends in it, no problem.

However if I post a picture on the kayaking group page, I cannot tag any of my friends in it, only myself, their names just do not appear.

This is very aggravating considering the entire purpose of this group is sharing photos.
jseiler
jseiler
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Cannot tag friends in pictures posted in group. Empty Re: Cannot tag friends in pictures posted in group.

Post by Admin Tue May 24, 2011 6:18 pm

I think you can only tag your friends in photos/albums you post on your profile, and not your page.

I'm not sure though... have they liked the page yet?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot tag friends in pictures posted in group. Empty Re: Cannot tag friends in pictures posted in group.

Post by jseiler Tue May 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Its not a page, its a group.

All the people have admin privileges (can create events and such)

Also, all of them are ALSO friends.

so if I post the pics to my profile, yes I can tag them, but If I post to the group, I cant tag anyone other than myself, even though the other people are not only group members, but are also friends.
jseiler
jseiler
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Sorry, misread.

I've just tested this out in my group and it turns out I can tag all of my friends that are also members of this group.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This should be reported to Facebook => [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down