Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Civilian name x display name

4 posters

Go down

Civilian name x display name Empty Civilian name x display name

Post by arunzito Sat May 21, 2011 2:09 pm

I tried to change my profile's name but it has never happened. Now the system says i have actualized my name too much, so now i can't change it anymore.

I don't reach any alive support.

Someone can give me a hand on this?

Last edited by arunzito on Sat May 28, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Civilian name x display name Empty Re: Civilian name x display name

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2011 3:24 pm

You need to ask someone at Facebook to change it for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Sun May 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Oh... thank you!! I am writing!! <3
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Civilian name x display name Empty [solved]Civilian name x display name

Post by arunzito Wed May 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Friends,

For 23 years I have not been using my civilian name for personal comunication.

In 1988 I was graced by an initiation in an Eastern country. Since then, and so is true with 70% of my fb friends, I have been using it as my 'real' name. My civilian name became useful only for documents, contracts and the like.

So in fb I was using the name 'Osho Arun' in its casual form and tried to change to 'Swami Anand Arun', which is the correct form of my Initiatic name. But as the change was not happening at all and a message appeared saying that I was not able anymore to change my name, I asked for help here in this forum. So I was headed then to a link where I explained the situation on 22 May, but strangely enough, they changed my display name on fb to my full civilian name (Roberto Pinto Pereira) that I have not used for 23 years and didn't consider my apeal at all.

So I replied on the 23trd May asking for a better reflection of my situation, but up to now I did not get any answer. So I deactivated my account, because it is very unpleasant to me to stay online with such a name I never used before and that does not correpond to the reality of my personal comunication.

Is there any other instance I can appeal?

As an artist and being I am known as 'Arun'. I want my name to be displayed 'Swami Anand Arun' and as reference "Roberto Pereira', in this field that fb provided for an alternative name. Is it not honest enough??

I am gratitude for any help. I have bit more than thousand firends in fb and it would be a waste of time to deactivate the account permanently.

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Arun

<3
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Civilian name x display name Empty [solved]problem with name

Post by arunzito Fri May 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Friends,

So, the special case is that i have not used my idenity name for over 23 years and now, because of fb rules, indeed my display name is my identity name. So it became very unpleasant to me to continue with this fb profile.

I'd like to know if opening a frech account with my non-identity name, which is indeed my real name, can be a good step for me. Of course discontinuing the old one.

Somebody could hand me a opinion on this?

Thanks a lot,

Arun
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Civilian name x display name Empty Account not eraseable?

Post by arunzito Fri May 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Friends,

I am opting for deactivating my account, but it seems it is never really eraseable.
Is it posssible to really delete it?

Thanks

Arun
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Fri May 27, 2011 9:41 pm

No I dont think you can earse your account. you can only deactive it. If there is a way to permantly ban the account, I dont know how to help you with that.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Fri May 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks a lot, Poke.

Would you be so kind to share some insight in the previous posts i made, regarding my display name?
Do you think they might consider my appeal?

Thanks so much for your attention

Arun
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 28, 2011 4:53 am

arunzito wrote:Friends,

I am opting for deactivating my account, but it seems it is never really eraseable.
Is it posssible to really delete it?

Thanks

Arun

May one ask why you seek to deactivate your Facebook account?

As for this forum and a Name change ; please post a Request in

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And The Administrators of this Forum will attend to it happy
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Sat May 28, 2011 9:49 am

Last edited by arunzito on Sat May 28, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 am

I have now merged your five threads on this problem into one

What exactly do you wish to achieve with Facebook?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 pm

I want to have my name displayed in my fb account with the name i have adopted 23 years ago.

But there seems to be no one to answer my appeal, which i think is very legitimate.

Thanks for yout attention

Arun
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 28, 2011 12:23 pm

arunzito wrote:I want to have my name displayed in my fb account with the name i have adopted 23 years ago.

What do you actually mean by this ?Did you change your actual name or have you decided to 'adopt for Facebook ' a name that is not your real name ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Sat May 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Ruby,

Since 1988 i go by "Arun". All my personal comunication, even my professional name as a singer since then, goes by "Arun". I lived 7 years in Europe and when I came back to Brazil I started a new life as "Arun".

One year back when I started fb i chose to go by Osho Arun, which is a lovely form of my Initiatic name. But i realized that more meaninful to my personal comunity would be to assume the complete oficial form of my Initiatic name, which is "Swami Anand Arun".

But when i tried to change the problem started.

It never changed in the first place. And finally when i sent a document together with my story, then, fb team fixed it as my identity name.

This is it.

But I really am ready to not go there anymore. It does not suit me having my personal comunication with my civilian name that I have not used, except for trivia things, for 23 years.

And also it has nothing to do with me being an artist either. It is just so that I assumed totally my baptism name. Except to my mother nobody calls me 'Roberto'. Many people didn't even know my civilian name. It is so strange to me this situation. So much so that i deativated my account. I have come two times again to fb to be able to write to fb team.

I was enjoying very much the fb. It is a great tool. But for me if they do not have a channel to take care of their users and if it is not possible to open a new account with the display name I consider the right one for my personal comunity, then, adieu fb.

This is my situation.

If anybody is to hand me some insight i am love and gratitude. I wish to be respected by fb team. This my true wish.

Thanks to all.

Arun

arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun May 29, 2011 6:20 am

I am open to suggestions from others but IMHO I do not think you can do what you seek to do with your Account as I think that Facebook will not permit it ..
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Sun May 29, 2011 10:28 am

There is no access to fb team? Don't you think my demand is legitimate? I am not hiding, i am not using false name, because anyway, my legal name will also appear in my profile. What is the point?

Last edited by arunzito on Sun May 29, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Sun May 29, 2011 10:35 am

Is it possible to open a fresh account and never again come back to the original one?
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun May 29, 2011 8:13 pm

arunzito wrote:There is no access to fb team? Don't you think my demand is legitimate? I am not hiding, i am not using false name, because anyway, my legal name will also appear in my profile. What is the point?

As far as we on here ( staff- wise) know, there is not direct way to contact Facebook and no one on this forum who is on the staff of Facebook ( unless someone is on here and has not divulged that to Admin here)

I know of many who have had problems with Facebook accounts who had 'called it quits' and decided to open what are termed 'dummy accounts' to try to start again with Facebook

I suggest if you do go down that route you do remember to use a completely different email address for the next account !!

Is it possible to open a fresh account and never again come back to the original one?

You can ask for that account to be Deactivated/deleted but please do read this first

there are various link from that you will need to click on to see the information you require and how to do what you may wish to do...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by arunzito Sun May 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Adore

Ruby, thanks a lot.

So sad. Thousand friends and i will have to leave this account, because i have searched enough and came to the conclusion fb is not going to give me any attention.

Really sad. I asked for permanent deactivation.

Bye Suicide
arunzito
arunzito
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon May 30, 2011 5:31 am

arunzito wrote: Adore

Ruby, thanks a lot.

Glad I could be of help ( if only in a negative way!!)

So sad. Thousand friends and i will have to leave this account, because i have searched enough and came to the conclusion fb is not going to give me any attention.

Really sad. I asked for permanent deactivation.

Bye Suicide

That is very sad but obviously may be your only sensible way forward

Sent to solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down