Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook URL blocked, maybe seen as spam/trademark problem?

2 posters

Go down

Facebook URL blocked, maybe seen as spam/trademark problem? Empty Facebook URL blocked, maybe seen as spam/trademark problem?

Post by seoholic Thu May 26, 2011 12:49 am

I started using facebook a few months ago.
I did the following things:

1 I added a standard Likebutton to all pages, with an individual counter for each URL like widgets.com/1.html, widgets.com/2.html...

2 I added an additional Likebutton on all pages reffering to a Facebookpage

3 I created my "official" Facebookpage using facebook.com/widgets

4 I created a "community" Facebookpage using facebook.com/feature1

5 I created a "community" Facebookpage using facebook.com/feature2

6 I collected Likes to create a "community" Facebookpage using facebook.com/feature3

My problem:

3 OK: widgets already has the username widgets. You can visit it by going to facebook.com/widgets

4 OK: feature1 already has the username feature1. You can visit it by going to facebook.com/feature1

5 BROKEN:
facebook.com/feature2
shows
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now...
(The standard message for non-existant pages is different: The page you requested was not found.)

Your username is already set
You can direct your friends to facebook.com/feature2

Trying to register the Facebook URL again leads to: feature2 is not available

6 MAYBE OK: feature3 is available.

My questions:
Why is facebook/feature2 shown as "my" (personal?) username? Is this a ban/penalty?
Why didn`t I get any notification about the event?
Maybe it is a trademarkproblem? I used a generic term which is important for my website. My competitors domain is feature2.com. He has no Facebook URL.
Maybe it is a spam problem because I registered to much Facebook URLs?
Should I contact Facebook support or is it too risky?
seoholic
seoholic

Back to top Go down

Facebook URL blocked, maybe seen as spam/trademark problem? Empty Re: Facebook URL blocked, maybe seen as spam/trademark problem?

Post by Admin Thu May 26, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm sorry, but I had a hard time trying to understand what your problem was. Anywho,

Why is facebook/feature2 shown as "my" (personal?) username? Is this a ban/penalty?
Does facebook.com/feature2 take you to your personal page? If so, you set it up wrongly, and need to go to Account => Account Settings => Username => Change, change it from "feature2" to something else, wait from 10 to 14 days, and then go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], select your page, and make "feature2" its username.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook URL blocked, maybe seen as spam/trademark problem? Empty Re: Facebook URL blocked, maybe seen as spam/trademark problem?

Post by seoholic Thu May 26, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm sorry, but I had a hard time trying to understand what your problem was.
Sry for that.

Does facebook.com/feature2 take you to your personal page? If so, you set it up wrongly, and need to go to Account => Account Settings => Username => Change, change it from "feature2" to something else, wait from 10 to 14 days, and then go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], select your page, and make "feature2" its username.

feature2 was set as my username, but I didn`t change it? I use Facebook for marketing only and couldn`t care less about my personal profile.

Now I have a new username. At least the username can't be changed again.

Thank you very much!

As you said, it seems that I will have to wait a few days to assign /feature2 again to my community page.
seoholic
seoholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down