Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

group admin help wanted

3 posters

Go down

group admin help wanted Empty group admin help wanted

Post by aherne Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:45 pm

i started a group last year and due to shuting down my account for a week last year i was deleted from the group and i am no longer a admin and there is now no one in control of the group! .... how can i get back control? this group is very important to me! thanks
aherne
aherne

Back to top Go down

group admin help wanted Empty Re: group admin help wanted

Post by Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm

If some other admin deleted you, I'm afraid Facebook will do nothing. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by aherne Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:07 am

thanks for your reply .... no, i was the only admin of the group and for some reason i lost my group when i switched off my account for a week or so ..... it as over 475 members and its very important to me as its in honour of a local running legend steve jones who was once a world marathon record holder. i started it to get steve a national honour and for our local council to do something to honour him. i`m really nervous that it will be spammed more than what it is! ... any ideas would be very welcome!
aherne
aherne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:48 am

Even though your Facebook account was temporary disabled, I think this still applies:

Facebook.com wrote:To avoid group takeovers and prevent abuse, Facebook no longer allows group members to become the admin of an "open" group after the original admin has left. The privacy setting of your group can be found in the "Info" tab, under the "Basic Info" section.

If you are unable to become the admin of a "closed" or "secret" group, please submit a report here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down