Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FB Page can not Comment on other FB Pages or Profiles?

2 posters

Go down

FB Page can not Comment on other FB Pages or Profiles? Empty FB Page can not Comment on other FB Pages or Profiles?

Post by michelle2work Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 am

Hi,

My question is: Can a FB Page account add Comments on other FB Pages or FB Profiles?

I haven a FB Page account and even if I Liked another party's FB Page and they Liked my Page... I still do not see Comment boxes on their FB Page for me to add comments. As for Profiles, I do not even see a Liked button for me to click on if I access people's Profiles via my FB Page account.

Thanks! Any help would be most appreciated!
michelle2work
michelle2work
Prospect

Back to top Go down

FB Page can not Comment on other FB Pages or Profiles? Empty Re: FB Page can not Comment on other FB Pages or Profiles?

Post by Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Can a FB Page account add Comments on other FB Pages or FB Profiles?
Pages: Yes
Profiles: No

Do you have a personal profile on Facebook which you use to manage your page? Have you tried 'liking' and posting on other pages just to make sure that particular page has forbidden its fans to comment on their statuses?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

FB Page can not Comment on other FB Pages or Profiles? Empty Re: FB Page can not Comment on other FB Pages or Profiles?

Post by michelle2work Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Hello, Thank you.

Re Pages: That is what I thought but for some reason my FB Page account can not Comment on other FB Pages. I don't even see a Comment box for me to type in on other people's professional Pages. Is there anything special in Account settings or Permissions that I'm lacking? Thanks again.
michelle2work
michelle2work
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Can you please answer my first question? Happy

Do you have a personal profile on Facebook which you use to manage your page?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2work Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi - Sorry I did not answer your original question. Yes, I have created a personal profile in order to deal with many of these issues... the personal profile CAN comment on other people's Pages... but my professional Page still CAN NOT... it's driving me nuts because now so many people are sending me Friend Requests to my personal profile (which I created just for this purpose) but I keep having to redirect them to my professional page... managing a Page and a Profile is so painful... you get the idea Sad
michelle2work
michelle2work
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:24 pm

That means you're switching to your page's account (Account => Use Facebook as Page) and then you see no comment/post box at all, correct?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2work Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Hmmm ok I don't know what to say... except I just checked and now everything looks ok. I am 100% sure that I've been having problems with this for months. @_@ Thanks for your time and assistance!
michelle2work
michelle2work
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2work Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Ok, I figured it out... I can only Comment on Pages from my Profile or if I "switch to Page" from my Profile account (as you were asking).

Thank you!!!
michelle2work
michelle2work
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down