Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding members to Group

2 posters

Go down

Adding members to Group Empty Adding members to Group

Post by waldop1 Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Is there any way to add members to a group who are not on facebook - I have set up a old high school class group for an up and coming reunion. Some classmates are not on facebook and some don't even have an email id. (old class)
waldop1
waldop1

Back to top Go down

Adding members to Group Empty Re: Adding members to Group

Post by Tim Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:13 am

Unfortunately no, you can only add your friends on Facebook to groups.

You can invite non-Facebook friends to an event however. From the Guest List tab of the Edit Event page, list your friends' email addresses (separated by commas) in the box labeled "Invite People who are not on Facebook via Email" and click "Add". Click "Send Invitations" to complete the process.

By receiving this invitation, they will be able to view the event information and RSVP. They will not be able to see any other Facebook pages unless they create an account.

With files from Facebook
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by waldop1 Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your response. Is there any way I can add friends myself and then move them into the group???
waldop1
waldop1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:01 pm

Hmm, could you kindly elaborate on what you mean by 'add friends myself'? You can add any of your Facebook friends directly to a group.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down