Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For security reasons your account is temporarily..,.,

3 posters

Go down

For security reasons your account is temporarily..,., Empty For security reasons your account is temporarily..,.,

Post by Arniota Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi,well,i have big problem here Shocked...i'm soo worried i'm hacked...
It sais :
For security reasons your account is temporarily unavailable.
Unfortunately,your computer appears to be infected with a virus.
Don't worry,we'll help you find and remove infected files right away.

It was like this for 2-3 days,idk what to do.

I have 5 steps to do to ,,restore account'',but i don't want to,i tried and i have to download something.
I'm scared i will infect my computer or it may be a hacker to get my account..
PLEASE HELP-Should i do the restoration?
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

For security reasons your account is temporarily..,., Empty Re: For security reasons your account is temporarily..,.,

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:09 am

Before you do anything......show us the complete email from 'Facebook ' please....

Plus do tell us how that computer is actually Protected and when you last ran full scans to check for infections

Plus the URL you use to access Facebook ...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

For security reasons your account is temporarily..,., Empty Re: For security reasons your account is temporarily..,.,

Post by Arniota Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Well,i have avira antivirus.It worked nice,i guess till now..
I didn't scan a while,but i'll do today,
What else did you asked me to tell you?
I'm not so good at english,so i don't understand you perfectly,sorry! Happy

And yes,my friend also can't enter facebook-even from my computer,
But my brother can!He haven't had any problems yet.

Weird.
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Can we please see the email that apparently Facebook sent you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arniota Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:14 pm

We have detected that your Facebook account is infected with a form of malware, or virus, called Koobface. You downloaded the virus after receiving a message from a friend, which invited you to view a video.

To restore your account, please log into Facebook and follow the instructions you see there.

And about that video,i have never clicked on it,i knew it was a virus.
I asked my brother and he didn't ,or he doesn't remember.
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:29 pm

What was the outcome of your virus scan ?
Chelsea
Chelsea
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arniota Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:07 am

Yes,i forgot to say-i have McAfee Security scan too and i was never warned of any infections.

The antivirus sais no infections
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Have a go at these two scans please

Please download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your Desktop.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

• Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your Desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

• In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arniota Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Can i download that with no problems?
Cause i don't want to do something without knowing it will go wrong.

Can i log in normally after this?
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:31 am

The scans are run as always at the computer owners risk ; but they are the most widely used scans at present; you should have no problems runniing them but we do not know if you can log into Facebook until you try

You still do not show us the complete message from 'Facebook' including the header?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arniota Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:05 am

no way,i won't tell u other informations if not the problem.
I know more about the virus and how to delete it!

It's the Koobface...everybody said it's very dangerous!

what should i do..?

Last edited by Arniota on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arniota Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 am

Last edited by Arniota on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arniota Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:41 am

I finished with downloading,scanning and things,so i deleted the viruses it found.
Malwarebytes found 1 and superantispyware 228 xD-but those are all some cookies,i don't remember...
Arniota
Arniota
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:37 am

Pleaee note; you were asked to post the Reports so we can see them ...

Plus, if you have had an email 'purportiing' to be from Facebook then we need to see it please!!

Obviously remove any private info such as your email address!!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:51 am

Moved from Hacked to AR and on to Abandoned if no reply from OP within three days
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down