Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My E-Mail address is no longer valid?

3 posters

Go down

My E-Mail address is no longer valid? Empty My E-Mail address is no longer valid?

Post by Captainbob Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:13 pm

aqfarn wrote:I keep getting a notice at the top of my home page saying FB "has detected" that my email address is no longer valid. When I click on confirm email a box appears saying an error has occurred, and I should try again later. My email address has not changed. Is there anything I need to do about this?

I keep getting the same thing, and when I type in my email address, it says that there is an error and I should try again///

>>>>>SPLIT TO CREATE INDIVIDUAL TOPIC

Last edited by ruby1 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : created individual topic for poster)
Captainbob
Captainbob
Prospect

Back to top Go down

My E-Mail address is no longer valid? Empty Re: My E-Mail address is no longer valid?

Post by Tim Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Hello,

How long has this problem lasted for?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

My E-Mail address is no longer valid? Empty Re: My E-Mail address is no longer valid?

Post by Captainbob Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 am

This has been going on for a few weeks.
Captainbob
Captainbob
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:08 am

Have you tried using another computer to do so?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captainbob Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

funnytim wrote:Have you tried using another computer to do so?

I did that this morning, and it works OK on my other computer. I deleted cookies on my main computer, firewall and antivirus are the same on both, and I tried 2 different browsers with the same result.
Captainbob
Captainbob
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello!

Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue.

1. First, try logging in (with the email address you signed up with).
2. If you are unable to log in, please copy and paste the full URL (web address) of the link that you received in the confirmation email into your browser.
3. If you're still having trouble after the above steps, click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to Report this Bug to Facebook

Also, please read this!
Unfortunately we do not support email addresses with generic prefixes (e.g. info@, webmaster@ etc.). Since email addresses of this nature are typically used for organizations and businesses, we do not allow them to be used for personal Facebook accounts. You will need to use a personal email address that does not contain this type of prefix. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Could you leave your e-mail in hide method (Like this)
Code:
[hide]EMAIL[/hide]

Hope the best!

>>>>No feedback for two weeks so assumed solved
Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down