Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email no longer valid; no longer receiving notifications

3 posters

Go down

Email no longer valid; no longer receiving notifications Empty Email no longer valid; no longer receiving notifications

Post by steviet Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:56 pm

My Facebook pages display the message below and I stopped receiving notifications at least a month ago, so I no longer know when people have sent me messages, invited me to events, left comments on my wall, etc. My email address is most certainly valid, and it's indicated in my Facebook settings as my primary email. Nothing has changed. So why do you think Facebook apparently doesn't consider my email valid, and why I'm no longer receiving any notifications? What can I do to fix the issue? When I enter a "new" contact email to as instructed (the email I've used forever as my primary address), Facebook will not allow me to submit the information.

Please update your email address
Our systems have detected that (my current email address) is no longer a valid email. Facebook requires all users to maintain an active contact email. Please enter and confirm a new contact email below:
steviet
steviet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Email no longer valid; no longer receiving notifications Empty Re: Email no longer valid; no longer receiving notifications

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Can you still access the Email address you have associated with Facebook ??
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Email no longer valid; no longer receiving notifications Empty Re: Email no longer valid; no longer receiving notifications

Post by steviet Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Yes, it is the same address I use for just about all my email, and the same one I provided to Facebook. That's why I'm mystified that Facebook doesn't seem to recognize it. It's obviously valid.
steviet
steviet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi steviet,

Try adding the domain '@facebookmail.com' to your safe list of your email address.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by steviet Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Done. I added rule so that any email from @facebookmail.com goes to my Inbox.
steviet
steviet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 am

steviet wrote:Done. I added rule so that any email from @facebookmail.com goes to my Inbox.

and................

has this solved your problem?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by steviet Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:24 am

No, someone posted to my wall after I set up the rule and I didn't receive an email notification from Facebook.

It occurs to me that perhaps a possible cause is that in addition to appearing in my Inbox, my email is set to automatically forward to gmail (so that I can receive email on my phone). I'm temporarily disabling that to see if it helps.
steviet
steviet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:02 pm

steviet wrote:
It occurs to me that perhaps a possible cause is that in addition to appearing in my Inbox, my email is set to automatically forward to gmail (so that I can receive email on my phone). I'm temporarily disabling that to see if it helps.
I see, try that and see if it helps Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by steviet Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Ark, the mystery continues. Still no emails from Facebook.

steviet
steviet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Do you still get the
Please update your email address
message? What happens when you try to enter the same email address into it?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by steviet Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm pretty sure I went through all the steps below previously, but I'm repeating each to make sure I didn't overlook something.

There was a field for entering my "new" email address, but when I entered it and click on the "send confirmation" button, a message popped up as follows: "Sorry, you have entered an invalid email address. Please enter another and try again."

Below that was a hyperlinked text message something to the effect "if you think you have received this in error." When I clicked on the link, I saw a dialog box indicating "A confirmation email was successfully sent. Please check and confirm your email."

Then I received an email from Facebook as follows:
"You recently entered a new contact email address. To confirm your contact email, follow the link below:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"If you did not enter this address as your contact email, please disregard this message. Check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you have any questions."

When I clicked on the first link, I saw a web page thanking me for confirming and inviting me to continue. When I did so, I noticed that the "Please update your email address statement" had disappeared from my wall! I think that's a good sign. Now I just need a friend to write to my wall or send a message to see if I get an email. Thnx for your patience in helping me out! Please stay tuned.

steviet
steviet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by steviet Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:44 am

All's a-okay! Have been receiving email notifications. Thanks again.
steviet
steviet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:21 pm

So solved and sent there
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down