Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLOCKED friend REQUEST can't REMOVE

4 posters

Go down

BLOCKED friend REQUEST can't REMOVE Empty BLOCKED friend REQUEST can't REMOVE

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:19 pm

I have a "Friend Request PENDING" - with this person: Alicia Robbins Chevalier, Bryant Friend Request Pending

who has subsequently BLOCKED me and the "Friend Request Pending" is STILL sitting out there with no end in sight - this is because when I click the "x" to remove her it says, 'REMOVE' & then another box comes up and says: "cannot connect with profile" so it becomes USELESS!

I would like FACEBOOK to go in there and REMOVE the friend request - b'c she seems incapable of doing it herself ....

I am SICK & tired of seeing her NON face.

I would request that you do this NOW - I will deactivate my account in one week and will NOT reactivate it EVER if you don't remove this NON-FRIEND from my "all friends" list.

I think that Facebook should FIX this glitch and when someone BLOCKS another - it AUTOMATICALLY cancels the friend request! That's MY TAKE on how this should happen ... b'c some people are betta at online applications than others and this woman is CLUELESS in Boston!
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

BLOCKED friend REQUEST can't REMOVE Empty Re: BLOCKED friend REQUEST can't REMOVE

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Welcome happy

May I ask what you are hoping this facebook forum can do for you as, as you may not be aware , we have no control over how Facebook itself operates........
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

BLOCKED friend REQUEST can't REMOVE Empty Re: BLOCKED friend REQUEST can't REMOVE

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 pm

This is what this section of Facebook forum says:

Have a question about something on Facebook? Hopefully a member can answer it!

All questions about the Facebook site should be posted here. Threads in incorrect categories will be moved here.

So I THOT that this forum was a place where FB team looked - pardon my stupidity! I have emailed them - but that's like spitting into the wind so I was desparate!
Whistle
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:53 pm

bevy777 wrote:

So I THOT that this forum was a place where FB team looked - pardon my stupidity! I have emailed them - but that's like spitting into the wind so I was desparate!
Whistle

People from Facebook itself I doubt very much look in this or any other Facebook forum ....

Other Members of the Staff who have experience with the more intricate tweeks and anomilies of the Facebook site may have some suggestions for you when they log in later ......
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Okay - thanks - I hope they can get this glitch cleaned up -
I appreciate your pointing them to this post IF you can.

Bevy
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Hello, try doing the following:

Friends Tab --> Type her name --> Click on the "X" next to her name.

Hope the best!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 pm

ya - that doesn't work b'c I can't reach her BLOCKED profile. Happy
Thanks though.
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Then how can you seee her Profile is she has blocked you? Whistle
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 pm

I can see her on the "All Friends" list which is under the tab at the top of the page that says: "Friends" and when you click on it it says "Recently Added" and "All FRiends" and when I look at "All Friends" it says: her name and the 'x' to remove her doesn't GET ME ANYWHERE.

I can NOT see her profile - I can only see her NON face and her name and her network - BUT I cannot contact her profile to REMOVE HER b'c she's BLOCKED ME. Whistle
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Don't write in CAPS, please, it seems like if you were screaming.

What do you mean with 'It doesn't take me anywhere'?
If the page won't load, try changing the URL from 'http://www' to 'https://ssl' Be sure to be using Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

Hope the best!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm typing in CAPS b'c I am yelling!

I don't know what you are talking about re: reloading pages - go to the 1st post and maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about.
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 pm

What do you mean with 'It doesn't take me anywhere'?

What I mean is that clicking on the "x" to remove the friend doesn't do anything. What happens is there comes a dialogue box that says - you aren't able to connect with the profile.

Well I know that b'c this person has blocked me and the friend request pending is STILL sitting there.

So I need someone on FB to change it and get this person off my list.
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 pm

==> Infraction Given

You broke 2 rules: doubleposting and trating us badly. It's not my problem that you're having this problem, and all I'm trying to do is willing to help. Sorry if I'm not perfect Wink

Try changing the URL, as I HAVE TOLD YOU!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 pm

I don't know how to change a url. Happy

double posted b'c I saw your question.
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

You can use the Edit Button.

Change the highlighted URL shown in the Picture:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:19 pm

I did that but it didn't change anything - it still can't remove her from "All friends" list.
Ah well - thanx for the help.
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm

The last thing I can come up with then is reporting this to Facebook.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry I can't do more Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bevy777 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Oh thanx so much - I VERY MUCH appreciate it - I wasn't yelling - I was just happy when I put the caps.

Hope you understand... Very Happy
bevy777
bevy777
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Solved,

==> Locked
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down