Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notification not shown when it suppose to be shown.

3 posters

Go down

Notification not shown when it suppose to be shown. Empty Notification not shown when it suppose to be shown.

Post by jackienet_2408 Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:32 am

This is my first post and I hope that the issue could get any response as soon as possible.

My facebook notification are not showing up when it suppose to be (The little blue earth icon at the top of facebook, next to the "message" icon)

Usually we can find usually, the notification will show at the bottom left of the page and then the earth icon at the top there will show a number with how many notifications are awaiting for me to check. Since I created my account, I had never received notification about the comments or tags or like about the photos via facebook notifications, photos I upload or by others. But I still can find the notification through email, even it is so time consuming to login to my e-mail account. Recently, I do not even receive notification even about the wall post or any others that suppose to be shown on notification. I just get my notifications about the photos to work back by going to the "See All Notification and check it at the "Applications" and now still finding a lot of other notifications not showing up. What should I do ? :thanks:
jackienet_2408
jackienet_2408

Back to top Go down

Notification not shown when it suppose to be shown. Empty Re: Notification not shown when it suppose to be shown.

Post by Tim Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Jackie,

The notification at the bottom left of the page will only show up if the activity happens (eg. someone posts on your wall) while you are logged on and on facebook at the time.

If they post on your wall while you are not on facebook, you will not see the box on the bottom left of your page.

The red icon on the earth icon on the top left should appear regardless of whether you were logged in at the time or not. When you click the earth icon, do you see the notification activity in the box that pops up?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Notification not shown when it suppose to be shown. Empty Re: Notification not shown when it suppose to be shown.

Post by jackienet_2408 Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:19 am

funnytim wrote:Hi Jackie,

The notification at the bottom left of the page will only show up if the activity happens (eg. someone posts on your wall) while you are logged on and on facebook at the time.

If they post on your wall while you are not on facebook, you will not see the box on the bottom left of your page.

The red icon on the earth icon on the top left should appear regardless of whether you were logged in at the time or not. When you click the earth icon, do you see the notification activity in the box that pops up?

Of course I know all these, but the problem is no red icon on the earth whether I logged on or not and even I clicked on it nothing seemed to be shown. I see all the notification in email are not appearing in notification of fb
jackienet_2408
jackienet_2408

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 am

How long has this problem been occuring for?

Please check your [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and make sure all appropriate boxes have been checked (e.g., checking the 'Feed Comments' box will enable notifications for commenting after you on status updates).
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification;thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jackienet_2408 Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:58 am

Yes this should be moved to solved thread. The problem had been solve since I log in with another computer and clear the cache, cookies... etc of my computer.

Thanks, done

Last edited by Ruby on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
jackienet_2408
jackienet_2408

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down