Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

page/user verification.

3 posters

Go down

page/user verification.  Empty page/user verification.

Post by skump Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Hello!
I am having a problem getting a username (vanity url) for my profile. When I try and change my username in my account settings it tells me that my account is not verified and that I need to verify the account via SMS. My cell phone number is already used to verify an older account so I am not able to use that number again. When I originally set up this new account I did receive all of the emails and clicked the links but it looks like the account is still not verified. Is there any way to verify an account NOT using SMS?
I did also try to add another email to the account and, again, received and clicked the link in the conf. email but it still does not look like it is verified.

Thanks for your help!
skump
skump

Back to top Go down

page/user verification.  Empty Re: page/user verification.

Post by Tim Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:15 am

Hi skump,

Please be aware that maintaining multiple accounts is in Facebook's TOS violation.

How long have you had this facebook account? Usually they will be vertified after you have used the account for some time.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by skump Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:05 am

Thank you for the reply. I will work with the account and wait for the verification to happen.
I was not aware that maintaining multiple accounts was against FB TOS? The accounts I am setting up are all for different companies and all will have a separate, unique email address associated with each. Will having them set up as separate accounts still be in violation?
skump
skump

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:59 am

Realistically, as long as they don't find out you should be ok :P , however it is against the TOS, see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . So that means there is the risk of FB shutting them down in the future.

What do you need multiple accounts for? If it's for maintaining multiple business pages, you can maintain them all with one facebook account.

Is the account in question a relatively newly-created account?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:58 am

So that we know which Topics still require help or assistance, would you kindly please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification;thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by skump Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:18 am

Thank you for all the help.
I was actually able to send an email to Facebook and they were able to get the problem taken care of.

Thanks.
skump
skump

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:28 pm

skump wrote:Thank you for all the help.
I was actually able to send an email to Facebook and they were able to get the problem taken care of.

Thanks.

You got a communication from Facebook and all is now OK?

Well done Yay 🐒

Marked as Solved and moved to there
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down