Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In My Defense of Being Banned

2 posters

Go down

In My Defense of Being Banned Empty In My Defense of Being Banned

Post by Help Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Three nights ago I started having issues with FB security. I would be in the middle of something and a security thing would come up saying my account was accessed by an unknown place and had to verify the info and change PW if it wasn't me. I did this, got my email of PW change, went back into FB with no problem, then 15 minutes later or so, it did it again. Sometimes immediately, sometimes longer.

So of course, I came here for help. Immediately Ruby started asking questions about what type of virus protection I had on my PC. I told her I was not on a PC but I'm on a MAC, Snow Leopard (of which to this date has never had a virus or malware attack) and eventually told her that Snow Leopard has its own Malware program built into it. She wouldn't listen to me. She just kept asking the same questions with her BOLD, statements, comments, and words.

Finally, Tim started helping me and I calmed down. He was asking for screen shots and URL's and such. He was doing a great job. He even said it was weird how almost immediately the security thing happened again. He was working on it, at least I'd like to believe he was researching it.

Then, all the sudden, Ruby steps in again, not even acknowledging any help Tim has given, not acknowleding any of the screen shots or anything. She went right into her BOLDING Tims question of if I had another PC to access FB. This comment from her made me angry...

A question; I note you say you have only just again changed your password?

Was that using the same computer?

Have you tried to do so on another computer but one you know to be clean ?

Do you have any other email address you can use for Facebook ?

Of course I answered her the best I could. But she made me angry with her accusations of using another computer KNOWN to be CLEAN... That did it. Then her telling me to access FB with another email? What does that have to do with anything. I had no problems receiving emails from FB. No one was in my COMPUTER or my EMAIL. It was a security issue with FB.

So, being angry as I was, I decided to research the topic. I went to the forum to see if anyone else was having the same issue. There was a girl that was having issues accessing FB, Ruby asked about virus checker, the girl said hers just expired, Ruby went on saying, basically, fix that issue first that she believed the girls PC had a virus. Later that evening, the girl came back saying she fixed the problem and it only had to do with her own network...

Another guy has an SMS issue where FB gave him the code but FB would say code is wrong when he entered it. She would ask him repeatedly if he has another email for FB and he repeatedly told her he had no issue getting emails from FB. Time chimed in to help him, the tone with the guy chilled out until Ruby came back in asking about virus issues and email again. FINALLY, the guy posted an email from FB and what she came up with was something like, I see you don't have a problem receiving emails from FB.

I know the last two paragraphs weren't about me, but they were about Ruby's creditability. The reason I got angry. With Tim, everyone is calm and he asks questions ABOUT the issue and wants screen shots and such, Ruby just assumes.

Well, she apparently didn't like the fact that I requested to have Tim help me and NOT her.. I am a PC Tech. I know computers and I know my MAC and I know what I am talking about. When I ask for help about a FB issue, I don't need someone telling me about my MAC/PC. Especially when I tell them I am 150% positive my MAC is clean.

I know not everyone is computer savvy, that's what scares me with Ruby. If someone who doesn't understand, believes her that they have a virus but they can't get the scanner to work, or whatever, they will format there computer not realizing they just lost everything on there computer. Thank Goddess the one girl realized it was a network issue and not a virus.

This is link to my original issue:
http://www.thefacebookforum.net/solved-problems-f136/login-issues-t6027.htm

Ruby's final comment:

Whilst we fully appreciate the frustration of being unable to open Facebook accounts, that is no excuse whatsoever for any rudeness or incivility towards anyone
If your specific problems persist and as we, apparently, are' not good enough' to offer you any help, we politely suggest you seek help elsewhere

Was uncalled for and wrong.
A) I NEVER said I couldn't open my FB
B) I do not believe I was rude, just stating the obvious
C) I only said I didn't want RUBY to help me.

I do not believe my opinion required a ban..
Thanks
Help
Help

Back to top Go down

In My Defense of Being Banned Empty Re: In My Defense of Being Banned

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:25 pm

As I understood it,and as I had previously been told, the Ban had to be 'activated 'by Admin as I do not have access to the Admin side of this board ; as far as I am aware my actions did not actually activate any ban and the Ban had to be 'approved' by Admin ....

As you have another account now on here, if you wish to continue to seek help on your Facebook problems I suggest you post again , if you wish to ,and we can review where you are up to in your query regarding your Facebook account and any annomilies that are occuring with it ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Please see your thread Here

You may wish to see further comments put on that thread and decide how, if at all, you wish to proceed and start a fresh thread for the discussion under your new Username

Locked as individual seems to not wish to return
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down