Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reactivating temporarily disabled account

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

reactivating temporarily disabled account Empty reactivating temporarily disabled account

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:13 am

my gmail account got hacked into and sent awful spammy emails to my entire contact list requesting money be sent to somewhere in the UK -- i have since recovered my account, changed all passwords and email forwarding settings, but unfortunately in the process my facebook account got temporarily disabled --

i have since sent them a request to reactivate it, to which i got an email from facebook asking me to notify them of what my most recent profile picture and activity were.... both of which i did and have not yet received any further notice from facebook.

i then tried reactivating myself, but through the roadblock i received an error when i requested a security check be sent to my email..... (it says there is an error sending the message with the security check code)

how can i reactivate my account and/or how long will it be before facebook gets back to me?

please help!

Last edited by shoegal on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

reactivating temporarily disabled account Empty Re: reactivating temporarily disabled account

Post by Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 am

Hey there Happy

As I can see from various topics being made on this section about Roadblock issues, this seems to be becoming a popular problem on Facebook.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(They're all different topics)

I'm not quite an expert when it comes to roadblock issues so, hopefully, moderators Ruby or Tim will be able to assist you a little better.

Best of the luck with your issue.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

reactivating temporarily disabled account Empty Re: reactivating temporarily disabled account

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:35 am

hi there - thanks for the expedient reply... unfortunately, none of those topics are quite my problem...

my account has been temporarily disabled, so it is not allowing me to reset my password or access my account in any capacity... all password reset options just keep popping up that my account is disabled and to fill out a form to request to reactivate it.... i keep filling out request forms and getting one auto-reply message from facebook, but nothing beyond that....
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:46 am

Hmm... in those cases, the best thing to do is contacting Facebook using one of their forms. I browsed the Help Center and found one that isn't quite much your problem but can still be used... You may need to create a temporary account to view it (I think)

Also, Facebook has an e-mail to be contacted for disabled accounts -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's all I can think of right now... sorry if it's not that useful. I'll keep browsing for answers and forward this issue to Ruby & Tim.

Cheers Wink

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:52 am

yes, i have emailed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and have heard nothing from that or from any other request i have sent.... i am (not so patiently) waiting to hear back from facebook in any capacity... this is very frustrating and upsetting!
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:40 am

Hi shoegal,

How long ago has it been since you emailed disabled [at] facebook.com ? Also, which requests forms did you fill out?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:42 am

i filled out every one dealing with hacked accounts (the ones i was taken to when i tried to log-in and it had a message saying my account was disabled) to ones dealing with password resets to ones dealing with roadblocks... i must have tried every single one....

the last time i emailed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was earlier today....
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 am

Due to Facebook's large database, it may take them a while to get through the queries. When was the first time you emailed them & filled out the request forms, respectively?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 am

the first time I messaged and emailed was three days ago.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:44 am

Would you mind explaining to us how your Gmail account got hacked

How have you retrieved ownership of it and are you using very safe sensible passwords on it ?
At the risk of.......can you please tell us what your computer protection is and when you last ran full scans with those programs ?

Do you have any other email accounts a associated with Facebook ?

Can you presently send and receive emails using the email address account associated with Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:48 am

i'm not quite sure how it got hacked -- i was on it in the morning, left my apartment and about an hour later i started receiving texts and phone calls from friends telling me that it got hacked, that they had received a strange email asking for money... i immediately tried to log in to change my password, but was locked out of it -- i contacted gmail and went through their security checkpoints, proving my identity as the owner of the account -- and eventually they let me reset my passwords -- when i logged back into my account i then had to change the email forwarding options (i have the email address of the hacker... what an idiot.) -- and made the email safe again--

i have a macbook pro so i doubt it was an actual "virus" --

the other email address associated with facebook is my nyu email address (the one i registered for facebook with, back when you had to be a college student to join) -- when i tried to get the security check code sent to an email, i tried to have it sent to both emails (on different tries) and with both i received an error message that it couldn't sent it.....

i can presently receive and send emails from both accounts associated with the facebook account.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 pm

So , for starters ,you can now confirm that your Email accounts are 'safe' and completely back under your control?

i was on it in the morning, left my apartment and about an hour later i started receiving texts and phone calls from friends telling me that it got hacked, that they had received a strange email asking for money..

I presume you left the computer turned on and logged into Facebook?

Does anyone else share the apartment and how does the machine connect to the internet ?

i have a macbook pro so i doubt it was an actual "virus"
--

Do I dare ask what, if any Protection is on the machine

I guess you do not have any antivirus cover as I guess you believe it is not required on a Mac machine?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 pm

for starters, i can confirm my emails are all safe now and completely under my control. i did not leave my computer on and logged in, and no one else was in the apartment. machine is connected via wireless/airport. no antivirus on the mac.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Lets try this

make sure you use only one email address for their reply; make sure you have unblocked any email address from Facebook so that you can actually receive their emails

maybe use the main email address associated with Facebook

Of interest

what happends when you tgry to go to different site? do you get any re-directions of any kind or do you always land where you think you should?

Which URL do you use to access Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:03 pm

i've tried that, with both emails, (and no email addresses from facebook are blocked) just tried it again and received the same message at the top saying

Account Disabled

Your account has been disabled. If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page here.

all other urls are fine, it's merely because my account is disabled. i use facebook.com, but for these purposes i also tried using the ssl one -- i've tried it all -- it's not a matter of the url, it's a matter of my account being disabled.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:26 pm

then lets try

but curious how you were on the computer, then logged off and turned it off?

then came back and could not log into Facebook .....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:31 pm

i have tried that, just tried it again and again when i got to the security code section in step 2 it says

Message Delivery Failure
An error occurred while sending the message

after i left my apartment in the morning, i was gone all day. from my iPhone i updated a status that my gmail had been hacked, but perhaps minutes after that the account must have been disabled, as the next time i tried to log in to facebook from my iPhone it said the email/password combination was incorrect. it wasn't till i got home later that night and got on my laptop that i realized my facebook had been disabled, not just had the password changed by the hacker.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 pm

still no response from facebook, still an error message when trying to get the security code emailed to me..........
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:54 pm

So you temporarily gained access to your FB account, but then lost access again shortly?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:38 am

no? i never regained access. i have tried to regain access by going through the roadblock in the password reset, but every time i do, i receive an error message that the security check code can't be sent to my email.

and i have continued to send multiple messages to facebook via email and through the request forms on the website, and have yet to hear anything from an actual human being.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 am

How are you trying to communicate with Facebook?

With the Iphone or with the main computer?

It is possible your Mobile phone details on Facebook may well have been replaced by the Hacker

Do you definitly have now access to yoru Gmaill account and have you again changed to Password on it to something maybe ( as someone somewhere put it) 'ridiculous and extemely sexy'

May one ask if you are sure that both machines are not infected ?

I presume you do not save on the Gmail server any of your Emails?

If you do ,do any of those emails have any usernames and passwords in them ??
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:23 am

I have been trying to contact facebook through my computer. Neither machine is affected. All passwords are safe, none stored in gmail. The only thing that is actually happening is that (1) facebook is taking a long time to get back to me, and (2) for whatever reason when I try and do the self-reactivation through the roadblock I receive an error message and can't do it.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:31 am

Whilst one appreciates you say you have a Mac computer, it also does not have any antivirus cover on it

Research suggests that this

ClamXav is a free virus checker for Mac OS X.

is for that OS

It would be helpful if you would like to try it to excluse an infection but

Disclaimer....... you download it and run it at your own risk

Just to confirm; you can now send and receive emails from all your email accounts with no problems ?

Have you actually tested this?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shoegal Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:08 pm

this problem has been solved. but not in an easy way, and no it had nothing to do with a virus or my computer --

when your account is disabled because of the money scam (419) that's been going around the internet, facebook will not allow you to reactivate (yourself or otherwise) until you prove your identity--

in my case, i had to send a scan of my drivers license to facebook to prove my identity.

terribly inconvenient and invasive, but i now have my account back.
shoegal
shoegal
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:49 pm

shoegal wrote:this problem has been solved. but not in an easy way, and no it had nothing to do with a virus or my computer --

when your account is disabled because of the money scam (419) that's been going around the internet, facebook will not allow you to reactivate (yourself or otherwise) until you prove your identity--

in my case, i had to send a scan of my drivers license to facebook to prove my identity.

terribly inconvenient and invasive, but i now have my account back.

Thank you so very much for this extremely useful information

and I hope a lesson for all who read this

Protect your Facebook account and your privacy and do not get caugth up oin any of these scams going around as you may lose more than you wish

again many thanks for this good feedback

I assume you have again changed your Password and have had it confirmed?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum