Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invitation Emails

3 posters

Go down

Invitation Emails Empty Invitation Emails

Post by AEII Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm

I attempted to use the import function for email invitations to an event and it has an import error every time ...
I used comma delimited lists in both txt and csv extensions and it does not work. What is the proper format for the import to work. I am not using Outlook and I have to create an export file, but have most options available.

Also i then copied and pasted the listing of the emails and it worked fine except even after two hours i did not receive an invitation. I then sent three test emails to myself to various accounts and have waited 2 more hours and have not received any invitation ? what is the expected turn around time that the invitations should be sent ???? I hope it is before my event !
AEII
AEII
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Invitation Emails Empty Re: Invitation Emails

Post by Tim Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi Aeii,

AEII wrote:I attempted to use the import function for email invitations to an event and it has an import error every time ...
I used comma delimited lists in both txt and csv extensions and it does not work. What is the proper format for the import to work. I am not using Outlook and I have to create an export file, but have most options available.
There appears to be a bug with it, so you may wish to submit a report on the following link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . In the meantime perhaps try just entering the email addresses manually, in the 'invite friends' dialog box.

AEII wrote:
Also i then copied and pasted the listing of the emails and it worked fine except even after two hours i did not receive an invitation. I then sent three test emails to myself to various accounts and have waited 2 more hours and have not received any invitation ? what is the expected turn around time that the invitations should be sent ???? I hope it is before my event !
lol, ya hopefully it arrives before the event. Have you checked your spam folders to be sure it didn't end up in there?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Invitation Emails Empty Reply

Post by AEII Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:48 am

Since I send out to 232 doing anything manually is not going to happen .... that is why I cut and pasted the list.

Yes, I check spam filters ... it simply does not go out timely ... I did after 7 hours receive 2 of my 4 test messages, but i have no idea whether any of the 232 got the invitation ? [It was an oversight on my part that my email was not in that list of 232, normally I always include myself too, so I am sure it worked]
AEII
AEII
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:19 am

So that Members know which topics still require assistance, would you please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification; thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down