Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to report an abuse on Facebook ;Can someone please help me?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trying to report an abuse on Facebook ;Can someone please help me? Empty Trying to report an abuse on Facebook ;Can someone please help me?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:44 am

Hi, this email I sent to "abuse@facebook.com" pretty much explains my problem. Please tell me if I did what I should have done. Also, is sending an email simply to "abuse@facebook.com" enough? Or should I have added something to it?

Hi, I know this is a bit late, but better late then never, first off I wanted to say my FB account which this email is used was banned (wrongly, but I really don't care) last June 2010. But anyway last April 2010, this guy sent me a few messages saying he could assassinate me, etc. Before my FB account had been banned I was going to report him, but it wanted me to report the abuse location, but I had already deleted the message. Since I deleted the messages, I did not think they was a way to report him, so I just blocked him. But I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he said I should still report him, and he gave me this address.

Here is his page:

removed

Oh, and I almost forgot, I DID report his profile picture (the only thing I could think of) but I don't think anything became of it.

Moved from Facebook General to Facebook Support other problems

Last edited by Ruby on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title slightly changed to reflect poster's needs)

Back to top Go down

Trying to report an abuse on Facebook ;Can someone please help me? Empty Re: Trying to report an abuse on Facebook ;Can someone please help me?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Ok, so instead of getting a reply about the abuse they send me this:
Hi, Your account was mistakenly suspended due to an error by Facebook's site security system. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We have reactivated your account and you will now be able to log in. If you successfully access your account and the matter is resolved, no further action is needed. Please reply to this email only if you continue to experience an issue. Thanks for your understanding, The Facebook Team
Like I said before, I don't really care about getting my account back, I want this nut taken care of. What should I do now?

Back to top Go down

Trying to report an abuse on Facebook ;Can someone please help me? Empty Re: Trying to report an abuse on Facebook ;Can someone please help me?

Post by Admin Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 pm

I'd suggest resending the e-mail (probably because they didn't even read it!) and going to this person's profile and at the left clicking the "Block/Report this person", then select "Threats" as the reason, and the location "Messages".

Can I have a screenshot of those messages h sent you and the link to his profile, as well?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm

I'd suggest resending the e-mail (probably because they didn't even read it!)
This is what I replied:
Like I said before, I don't really care about getting my account back, I want this nut taken care of.

and going to this person's profile and at the left clicking the "Block/Report this person", then select "Threats" as the reason, and the location "Messages".
I can't report the messages because I deleted them mouths ago. And when you try to report the messages in the "Block/Report this person" section it tells you to report the messages from your inbox, but they aren't there, I deleted them long ago.

Can I have a screenshot of those messages h sent you and the link to his profile, as well?
I deleted the messages mouths ago, and a link to his profile is in my first post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:41 pm

You have no proof then, how would you expect Facebook to believe he was abusive as you say? I think the deleted messages on Facebook aren't saves anywhere on their database, and if they did, I'm more than sure they won't take the time to browse one of the largest databases on the internet for a couple messages.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 pm

The Listener wrote:You have no proof then, how would you expect Facebook to believe he was abusive as you say? I think the deleted messages on Facebook aren't saves anywhere on their database, and if they did, I'm more than sure they won't take the time to browse one of the largest databases on the internet for a couple messages.
Then what should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:38 pm

If you got no proof at all, I'm afraid you can't do anything about it.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:11 pm

The Listener wrote:If you got no proof at all, I'm afraid you can't do anything about it.

A) Is there anyway to retrieve the messages? Who should I email? And what should I say?

B) I know he runs a website where he posts about how he has been arrested by the secret service for threatening to assassinate the president and a senator, and how he still wants to (I of course found out about all this after he made me his friend). Do you think if I emailed facebook a link to his site that would prove anything?

You see, after I found out about the website and when I read his messages, I immediately deleted the messages (I didn't know I could report them), so when I went to block him I saw that I could also report him, so when I went to report the abuse location (the messages) it said I had to report it from the message in my inbox, but I had already deleted them, so the only thing it allowed me to report was his profile picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:16 pm

A) Unofrtunately, there isn't. Like I have said in my post above, I don't think messages are saved on the database, and I highly doubt Facebook would ever start browsing such a huge database to get them.

B) That might work, yet it's not rock solid. I'd try, though.

By the way, "abuse@facebook.com" automatically sends you that message when you send an e-mail to that adress, so you'll have to wait until the message gets read by any FB worker.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:31 pm

A) Unofrtunately, there isn't. Like I have said in my post above, I don't think messages are saved on the database, and I highly doubt Facebook would ever start browsing such a huge database to get them.
But is there even a slight chance?

B) That might work, yet it's not rock solid. I'd try, though.
Ok, I will try it.

Is there anyway a facebook staff member could take a look at my deleted messages and retrive them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:36 pm

I don't think so; honestly, Facebook Support stinks and, by having a database with over 500,000,000 users, it won't be easy.

Try option B.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xSiik Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 pm

You can always email Facebook support and ask them to look into recent message you have retrieved. I am certain they can recover old message deleted by users.
xSiik
xSiik
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:07 pm

xSiik wrote:You can always email Facebook support and ask them to look into recent message you have retrieved. I am certain they can recover old message deleted by users.
Can you please tell me how? I want to retrieve them to report them.

I don't think so; honestly, Facebook Support stinks and, by having a database with over 500,000,000 users, it won't be easy.

Try option B.
What do you think I should say? How should I word it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 am

Hi, I just sent this email to "abuse@facebook.com":

Hi, I know this is a bit late, but better late then never. Last April 2010, this guy sent me a few messages saying he could assassinate me, etc. I was going to report him, but it wanted me to report the abuse location (the messages), but I had already deleted the message. Since I deleted the messages, I did not think they was a way to report him, so I just blocked him. But I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he said I should still report him, and he gave me this address. So if you look thru my deleted messages in my inbox, you will see that he has threatned me. Also I would like to say, he runs a website where he posts about how he has been arrested by the secret service for threatening to assassinate the president and a senator, and how he still wants to (I of course found out about all of this after he made me his friend). If you would like, I will give you a link to his site.

Here is his page:

Link Removed by the Users Request

Does it sound good? How many times do you think I should send it?

Back to top Go down

Post by xSiik Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:42 am

Only send it once, you don't want to make them start ignoring your messages for spamming. The message sounds good, hopefully they respond. Keep us updated.
xSiik
xSiik
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 am

xSiik wrote:Only send it once, you don't want to make them start ignoring your messages for spamming. The message sounds good, hopefully they respond. Keep us updated.
When I get a reply, I will post it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:12 am

I still have not gotten a reply. Should I wait until Monday?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm

I got fed up waiting for a reply, so I sent it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by megamonty Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:27 pm

suggestedsites2 wrote:I got fed up waiting for a reply, so I sent it again.

I have reported issues to FB a month ago and still no reply, so don't hold your breath
megamonty
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 pm

xSiik wrote:You can always email Facebook support and ask them to look into recent message you have retrieved. I am certain they can recover old message deleted by users.

Do you actually know this to be true or is this an assumption ?

@suggestedsites2

unconfuse me; are you locked out of Facebook due to all this or can you now access it ...has your account been re-permitted?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 pm

@suggestedsites2

unconfuse me; are you locked out of Facebook due to all this or can you now access it ...has your account been re-permitted?
Yes, I can access my account now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi, Facebook has still has not replied. What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Anybody here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Remember we're not affiliated with Facebook, therefore we cannot do anything about it if Facebook doesn't reply Sad

You can learn more about abuses here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Okay, I just received this rather confusing reply:

Hi, Unfortunately, the email address you are using to reach us is no longer available. In order to best assist you, we have provided avenues of support for specific issues that are located in our Help Center. Please follow the link that best suits your problem. Warned or Disabled AccountsIf you have received a warning about your activity on the site, or your account has been disabled, please refer to the Warnings page in the Help Center for further support: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hacked or "Phished" AccountsIf your account or a friend's account has sent out spam, please refer to our Security Page for ways to properly report this activity: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Privacy IssuesFor information and avenues of support for Privacy issues on Facebook please visit the Privacy page of our Help Center at the following address: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Reporting Abusive Content and Blocking PeopleTo report abuse, please use the proper "Report" link that appears next to many pieces of content on the site. You may also report another user by using the "Report/Block" link that appears at the bottom of a user's profile page. If this does not resolve the issue, we suggest that you block the person by listing his or her name in the "Block List" box that appears at the bottom of the Privacy page. If you have already blocked an offender or have been blocked by an offender posting abusive content, please have another user report the abusive content or the offender through the one of the various "Report" links available on the site. Technical IssuesFor solutions to technical issues, please visit the Troubleshooting page of our Help Center at the following address for further support: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Common Questions about Using FacebookFor answers to common questions and feedback from other Facebook users, please visit our Help Center for further support: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for contacting Facebook, The Facebook Team

Now what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next