Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook problems

2 posters

Go down

facebook problems Empty facebook problems

Post by mreilly Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:33 pm

I am having the same exact problem. Every since fb decided to implement this clumsy method of extracting our cell phone numbers -- which seems to be about 5 days ago - I have not been able to log into facebook. After several emails to them, explaining my cell phone does not text and even if it did, I do not want to provide it, none of which received response, I now also have the "or use a different verification method" button appear on my roadblock page but if I click it, it simply flashes a "confirm" button which also disappears.

I'm really irritated at yet another attempted privacy violation on fb's part and will definitely be looking for alternatives to keep in touch with friends and do business. They write "To continue, we need you to provide your phone number. This quick security check helps keep Facebook a community of real people who connect and share using their real identities." Really? Since when do you "confirm your identity" by providing brand new info? They aren't matching my cell to anything if they do not already have it. Imagine being on the phone with your credit card company and they ask for something never associated with your account like other credit card numbers or your passport number. They really think we are all that stupid!

Pissed Pissed Pissed
mreilly
mreilly

Back to top Go down

facebook problems Empty Re: facebook problems

Post by Ruby Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Split from someone elses topic as stated in the Pinned topics in this section

Start your own thread please
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down