Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert Friend Page

2 posters

Go down

Convert Friend Page Empty Convert Friend Page

Post by Karen615 Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:28 pm

I set up a page on FB for my business over a year ago. At the time, I didn't know anything about FB and I didn't realize that there were Friend pages, fan pages, groups, etc. I now have a page set up where someone has to send me a friend request. I noticed that the vast majority of businesses have pages set up that are public and someone has to click "Like" in order to join. Is there any way to just convert the friend page to a page that is public? I'm assuming that is a fan page. I don't want to lose all my friends/connections and all the photos, links and videos I have on that page.
HELP!

Moved from Facebook General to Facebook support Group/friends etc help

Last edited by Ruby on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Karen615
Karen615

Back to top Go down

Convert Friend Page Empty Re: Convert Friend Page

Post by Tim Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 am

Hi Karen,

Since the page you currently have requires someone to send you a friend request, you currently have a 'normal' account that is usually used for personal accounts.

You're right - Fan pages are public ones that someone can click on 'Like' to join (The 'Like' button replaced the previous 'Become a fan' button).

Profiles represent individuals and must be held under an individual name, while Pages allow an organization, business, celebrity, or band to maintain a professional presence on Facebook. You may only create Facebook Pages to represent real organizations of which you are an authorized representative.

In addition, Pages are managed by admins who have personal Facebook profiles. Pages are not separate Facebook accounts and do not have separate login information from your profile. They are merely different entities on our site, similar to how Groups and Events function. Once you have set up a Page within your profile, you may add other admins to help you manage this Page. People who choose to connect to your Page won't be able to see that you are the Page admin or have any access to your personal account.

Unfortunately I don't believe you can directly convert your account into a business page. You will likely need to create it separately (under your account) and invite your current friends/fans to 'like' the new one.

We trust the information provided was able to assist you in your query, and welcome any further feedback.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down