Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends request

4 posters

Go down

Friends request Empty Help please: Question about personal messages with Friend requests

Post by stevejjj Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 pm

I am new to FB and haven't gotten any friend requests, but i have sent a few, and i've included personal messages with them.

Question: When the person gets the friend request w/personal message, and they accept it, is the personal message saved in some kind of file *with the person receiving it*, like regular personal messages are in an inbox, or do they disappear once they are read and the request is accepted? In other words, is that personal message i sent saved for them in their inbox or somesuch, or do they lose access to it once they accept the request?

I ask because i know that for the *sender*, these messages (when sent as part of a friend request) are not saved in the "sent messages" box, the way they are when you send a regular personal message to someone.

Thanks!
stevejjj
stevejjj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Friends request Empty Re: Friends request

Post by Tim Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Moved from General to Friends & Requests support
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stevejjj Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:27 am

Listener, can i ask you a follow-up?

What if the person receiving the friend request w/personal note *accepts* the friend request? Obviously, they will be able to read the note/message at the time they get and read the friend request, but what about after they click on "accept"? Is the message stored anywhere in their inbox or anyplace else such that they could retrieve it 3 months later or somesuch, or is it lost to the receiver just as it is lost to the sender?
stevejjj
stevejjj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:33 am

Nope, that message will only be readen on that page whose link I posted at the time to click the "Accept" or "Ignore" button. That note isn't stores anywhere, as far as I know, it's just a piece of text shown at that time only Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stevejjj Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 am

Thanks!

Although recently i think Facebook has another problem: People aren't getting the personal messages! For some reason, if you type out a personal message w/a friend request and send it, it appears that the message was sent, but ... the receiver isn't getting the message, just the request. It's like the message just goes into a black hole somewhere ....
stevejjj
stevejjj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:28 am

It's because of the last Facebook update, that Friend Requests got moved at the top.. they won't show up there but in the Request Page (/reqs.php).
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Friends request Empty Friends request

Post by stevejjj Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:13 am

Hey Listener, a couple posts ago you said that the personal message/note sent with a friend request isn't stored anywhere by the receiver either, that it is just a piece of text they could read when deciding to accept/decline but then disappeared once the choice was made ... is that true only because of this latest facebook update that moved the friend requests to the top, or was it also true before the update as well, like say a year ago? That is, before this latest update, were those personal messages/notes sent with friend requests saved somewhere in the receiver's inbox, etc. or to your knowledge no?

I would imagine no, because looking back over the 2 years i've been on FB, ii don't think i have any personal messages that were sent to me with friend requests anywhere, or if i do i can't find them. The only personal messages i have in my inbox or anywhere i can find are those that were sent by someone to me separate from friend requests, like using the "send person X a message" button.
stevejjj
stevejjj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:43 am

Split off Hijacking posts from another thread and topics merged and sent to solved as no more replies
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down