Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends request blocked - not sure why, suggestions welcome

3 posters

Go down

Friends request blocked - not sure why, suggestions welcome Empty Friends request blocked - not sure why, suggestions welcome

Post by fabthi Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 am

I only send friendship requests to people that:
1 - appear in my "People you might know" section on top right of my wall (i.e. FB itself is suggesting me....)
2 - share with me "at least" one common interest, more often 2-3
3 - have "at least" 4-6 friends in common with me
I have been sending some 12-15/day requests in the last week and I always attach a message to explain who I am, why I send the request and for what purpose.
However, last Sunday my request permission have been blocked for 4 days......
Not only I can't send new requests, I can't even reply to friendship request I AM receiveing (which I find weird, to put it politely....).
Is this a typical behavior from FB? What are the rules and limits about this issue?
I thought that FB members have the option in their settings to prevent unwanted requests and if they haven't done so, I suppose it's because they are prone for considering new friendships ALSO from people they don't know actually.
I.E. if you allow people to send you a request, why do you mark some of them as spammer?
Duhhh
I'll be very grateful for any explanation about this issue.
Fabio

[Moved to Friend and Requests]
fabthi
fabthi
Regular

Back to top Go down

Friends request blocked - not sure why, suggestions welcome Empty Re: Friends request blocked - not sure why, suggestions welcome

Post by riccantu Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Fabio, It's very likely that many people receiving your invitations marked you as spammer.

My suggestionto you is
Do not add people you dont actually know.
Even if you are just being friendly, It is considered as intrusive for some people.
Keep an Email conversation with them first.
Tell them why do you want to add them.
riccantu
riccantu

Back to top Go down

Friends request blocked - not sure why, suggestions welcome Empty Re: Friends request blocked - not sure why, suggestions welcome

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Moved from Friend etc to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down