Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several issues: (1)blocked w/out warning, (2)multiple accts at 1 email

2 posters

Go down

Several  issues: (1)blocked w/out warning, (2)multiple accts at 1 email Empty Several issues: (1)blocked w/out warning, (2)multiple accts at 1 email

Post by cindyandben Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:33 am

(1) While taking advntage of a rare opportunity without other competing deadlines or family needs for the computer, I sat down to send invitations out to a private picnic upcoming on 10/11. I also took the chance to add friends, and browse for unexpected connections. I was suddenly blocked from sending a frnd req to another mom from Sun Schl. No explanation - no indication of how long this might last. Now, I would like to USE the invitiaton function of Facebook, but if it does not allow for sending out an invitation to 120 people, what is the point? I clicked on each box (I could not see pictures, I was only able to figure out who a picture was associated with by hovering over the box). I wanted to invite all, but the word ALL was not connected to a link! I dont expect all to be able to attend, but I want them all to know I included them, and also, I do not want anyone to find out after the fact that they were left out.

I do not know of anyone who has been offended. There was one person whom I mistook for a mutual friend, but her reply was very cordial. I have discreetly blocked some pictures of naked young women, but I dont really think they were interested in me personally.

(2) The other issue I am concerned about is that my husband and I share an email address and like it that way. So do my in-laws. It prevents the sort of ickiness that can occur when there is secrecy, between spouses, or between parents and children. It appears, however, that Facebook does not allow for two people's email account to be listed with two different names. I am 'sue jones', my husband is 'john smith', and we are often searched for under our separate names, so we would each like to have an identity on Facebook. Am I correct in inferring that Facebook does not permit such a situation, where two different names are associated with the same email address? Or just inept

thank you for any help and insight that you can offer.
cindyandben
cindyandben

Back to top Go down

Several  issues: (1)blocked w/out warning, (2)multiple accts at 1 email Empty Re: Several issues: (1)blocked w/out warning, (2)multiple accts at 1 email

Post by Ruby Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:58 pm

cindyandben wrote:.

(2) The other issue I am concerned about is that my husband and I share an email address and like it that way. So do my in-laws. It prevents the sort of ickiness that can occur when there is secrecy, between spouses, or between parents and children. It appears, however, that Facebook does not allow for two people's email account to be listed with two different names. I am 'sue jones', my husband is 'john smith', and we are often searched for under our separate names, so we would each like to have an identity on Facebook. Am I correct in inferring that Facebook does not permit such a situation, where two different names are associated with the same email address? Or just inept

thank you for any help and insight that you can offer.

Moved from Facebook other to Privacy support

I beleive you will each need to have separate identities on Facebook with completley different email addresses ...sorry but that is how I think Facebook operates ....

( for the Blocked account please start a Fresh topic in Hacked etc section )
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down