Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email subject from Facebook: "Facebook Warning"

3 posters

Go down

Email subject from Facebook: "Facebook Warning" Empty Email subject from Facebook: "Facebook Warning"

Post by hayley.crandell Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi - I got an email supposedly from Facebook that said the following: "Hello,
We have reviewed your request and made the appropriate changes. Sorry for any inconvenience. For more information about pages or other topics, please visit the Help Center: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - The Facebook team"
I was dubious about the link, so didn't click, but typed in the URL directly, which took me to a Facebook 404 page. Then when I went back in to my news feed, this notice came up:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I haven't clicked anything. Is this genuine? What should I do next?
hayley.crandell
hayley.crandell

Back to top Go down

Email subject from Facebook: "Facebook Warning" Empty Re: Email subject from Facebook: "Facebook Warning"

Post by Admin Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 am

The e-mail looks legit as you got a warning in your Homepage.

You didn't contact Facebook at all before this? Not even filled out a contact form? If not, check your recent logins to see if someone tried to access your account.

Account => Account Settings => Account Security => change => Your recognized devices.

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page doesn't seem to exist for me either. Has anything at all changed in your page? Maybe its username, or its category?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Email subject from Facebook: "Facebook Warning" Empty Re: Email subject from Facebook: "Facebook Warning"

Post by hayley.crandell Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 am

No, all seems to be standard. And I haven't contacted Facebook for some time, as I don't generally hear anything back ;-) Did report this issue though, just in case. I've changed my password, but the warning on the home page is still there. It looks like it will remain there until I click the 'Acknowledge' button, which I'm a bit hesitant to do...
hayley.crandell
hayley.crandell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 am

I'd wait for Facebook's response before acknowledging anything. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down