Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook and Fbookers info and discussion on a radio programme in UK and online

2 posters

Go down

Facebook and Fbookers info and discussion on a radio programme in UK and online Empty Facebook and Fbookers info and discussion on a radio programme in UK and online

Post by dbrockman Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi - have been around a few weeks now. Based in the UK and neck deep in producing community non-profit radio in Huntingdon UK and also worldwide on line www.hcrfm.co.uk we launch UK and on line early 2011. A lot of our volunteers, some students, and others not are Fbookers, as will be many of our listeners. We do an hour community show UK time 7pm once we launch, Mondays thru Fridays. I wondered whether there was any miileage in looking into putting aside once a month a half-hour (with studio or phone guests where possible), discussion and chat about Facebooking and Facebook/social networking?

Let me know your thoughts please. Not saying I would organise for definate, but checking you serious Fbookers out to see what you think? We could mention on air rhe availability of this Fbook Forum and associated chat and access to background info, and put a link on our web site. We will be full-time seven days a week, but this would be an occasional half-hour pre-planned and notified in advance.

Just a thought. I am NOT doing this to essentially plug/boost our station, I come up with the idea as I like Fbooking, this Forum, and was just thinking of another way of putting debate about social networking and Fbooking and this forum in a wider arena, occasionally.

I will be guided by your thoughts and observations. I have produced talk radio on and off since 1976 including for the BBC in London, so know how to put together entertaining radio. I just need your thoughts, but wanted tgo make clear to you I have good credentials.

Please feel welcome to request adding me as a forum friend, and I hope like some members of this forum, you add me on Fbook for real.

HCR104fm is run entirely by volunteers, and I am part of management, as Executive Producer. My roles include managing student team aged 16 to 22 of 16 people, plus the 20 plus producers in my features team. We are launching the very first community radio regularly produced soap drama, Huntsford to go out Mon, Wed and Fri with weekend repeat, set in a hair salon in small town Huntsford, - similar to Huntingdon. There is a short cliip of our soap drama on the downloads page at www.hcrfm.co.uk for those interested. Before you ask, yeah I conceived the soap Huntsford, but it is directed by a fabulous volunteer wth his writers, tech crew and cast.

I have said too much - oops - but your serious views on radio programme once in a while on Fbooking etc - valued.
dbrockman
dbrockman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Facebook and Fbookers info and discussion on a radio programme in UK and online Empty Re: Facebook and Fbookers info and discussion on a radio programme in UK and online

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 am

I'm moving this to General Chat & Offtopic Wink

Having Facebook on the radio as well would be really cool and original. Just look how succesful 'The Social Network' was this year! (even though I thought it was boring... Tongue)

Is this available for the UK only, or does the website has an online radio where you can listen to it?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook and Fbookers info and discussion on a radio programme in UK and online Empty Re: Facebook and Fbookers info and discussion on a radio programme in UK and online

Post by dbrockman Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:23 am

I will try and find the topic in it's new placing, was not sure where to put the question. HCR104fm when we launch CAN BE heard anywhere in the world with a good online stream. Anyone on here who is in another country, you can check out the quality by downloading a small clip from our soap drama Huntsford at www.hcrfm.co.uk then clicking the link on the DOWNLOADS page.

BUT yes there will be an online stream. Thanks for your positive thoughts. I wonder what others think!
dbrockman
dbrockman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down