Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when someone "x"s a posting does it hurt the posting for all?

2 posters

Go down

when someone "x"s a posting does it hurt the posting for all? Empty when someone "x"s a posting does it hurt the posting for all?

Post by wymetto Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:26 am

Really could use some help. when someone clicks the "x" on the post and it disappears - does it disappear for all or just on that page? Does facebook track this and can hurt the app for others?

Wymetto
wymetto
wymetto
Prospect

Back to top Go down

when someone "x"s a posting does it hurt the posting for all? Empty Re: when someone "x"s a posting does it hurt the posting for all?

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm

when someone clicks the "x" on the post and it disappears - does it disappear for all or just on that page?

What's the difference between 'for all' and 'that page'? If you delete a post, it will be permanently removed, and so will stories (ie. John has posted on Jack's Wall).

Does facebook track this and can hurt the app for others?

What? Facebook could restore the post, obviously, but they never do.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

when someone "x"s a posting does it hurt the posting for all? Empty Re: when someone "x"s a posting does it hurt the posting for all?

Post by wymetto Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:44 pm

i understand that question back to my question: if i "x" off my testing post will FB look at it that people do not like this post and hurt other posts that i do? (so others will not see my posts from that point on). I am fairly new to facebook and a little paranoid..
wymetto
wymetto
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:54 pm

By 'x'ing a post, you mean deleting/removing it?

will FB look at it that people do not like this post and hurt other posts that i do?

Sorry, but I still don't get what you mean. Mind re elaborating your question, please? Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wymetto Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:58 pm

let me twist this a little. I have a friend who has a 20 year old son on facebook. I accepted his 'friend request' and one day language was out of control. I'm no saint but i dont think FB is the place to use it. so...I 'x' off the post. Now - does that mean just my wall; will this effect posting to other mutual friends from him; will the next post he does the same way still come over to me? that was a busy explanation - sorry
wymetto
wymetto
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:09 pm

^ Much better explanation Wink

So he posted on your Wall and you removed the post, correct?

will this effect posting to other mutual friends from him

No, not at all. He will be able to post in whatever friend's wall he want, and so will you.

will the next post he does the same way still come over to me?

As long as he's still your friend (or that you don't deny his access to access to your wall, through your Privacy Settings), he will be able to post on your wall as many times as he want, and you'll be able to remove his posts as many times as you want. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wymetto Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Gotcha! so the last question would be: does facebook count people who 'x' off somebodies post and it count against the POST'er..
And thank you for hanging in there to answer my questions..
wymetto
wymetto
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Gotcha!

Hehe Tongue

does facebook count people who 'x' off somebodies post and it count against the POST'er..

No, Facebook doesn't keep the track on how many posts you delete Wink

And thank you for hanging in there to answer my questions..

No probs! Thank you for being cooperative, unlike most people that ask for help here. Guess they want us to be mind readers! Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wymetto Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:18 pm

thanks - my first post and i already got yelled at by the administrator - as we say in the
south "it aint easy be'n me" ...
Have a great weekend.
Wymetto
wymetto
wymetto
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:25 pm

LOL, no worries. Enjoy the forum! Very Happy

=> Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down