Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer personal facebook username to business page

3 posters

Go down

Transfer personal facebook username to business page Empty Transfer personal facebook username to business page

Post by jimstyles Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi all,

Ok, well, I'm desperate!!!

My wife setup up a personal profile for me and then associated a business page to my profile.

I made a BIG booboo and setup my personal profile username as my business name!? I know, I know, what was I thinking? Basically, I didn't understand the difference between the personal profile and business page (i.e. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I could really use some help (anyone have some inside Facebook connections?)

I had someone create/test a username then drop/change it right away (their new/second name is now locked, of course) but the first username/url is no longer available. I heard that would make the username available, no such luck (it's been unavailable for a few days now). Sad

My personal profile will still allow me to do that "one" change but I wouldn't sleep at night if I let it go and can't get it back!

Please help? Very soon we'll be getting some local press about our company and I need that business page to reflect the company username ... not my personal profile.

Thanks and have a great Christmas.
jimstyles
jimstyles

Back to top Go down

Transfer personal facebook username to business page Empty Re: Transfer personal facebook username to business page

Post by Admin Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:14 am

I didn't understand the difference between the personal profile and business page

A personal account is the one you get when you register at Facebook. It's got a homepage, wall and chat, and it can be used to set up a business page, which is just a page on Facebook which can be used to represent something/someone under his/her/its name.

Anyone have some inside Facebook connections?

Unfortunately, no. We're all fans like you.

I had someone create/test a username then drop/change it right away (their new/second name is now locked, of course) but the first username/url is no longer available. I heard that would make the username available, no such luck (it's been unavailable for a few days now).

As long as I know, once you pick a username, that will be blocked for everyone else forever, even though you request a new one. I could be wrong, though. Where did you hear it'd become available?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Transfer personal facebook username to business page Empty Re: Transfer personal facebook username to business page

Post by jimstyles Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:17 am

Here's an article with comments on the subject.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd try contacting facebook but I'm concerned that may cause more problems.
jimstyles
jimstyles

Back to top Go down

Post by jimstyles Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Can someone provide a facebook contact page/form I can fill in to submit a request. At this point, I think that might be my only option and will plead my case ...

Absolute worse case scenario, I'll fill in the trademark/business infringement page and hope that'll work. Would like to avoid that incase they totally disable my accounts.

Good thing about all this drama is I'm pretty well versed in the facebook-verse and I've only been using it for a few days now.
jimstyles
jimstyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Mod Note; Please do not double-post but use the Edit button instead; thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:25 pm

jimstyles wrote:Here's an article with comments on the subject.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd try contacting facebook but I'm concerned that may cause more problems.

Have you read this yet, on that page?

NOTE: Random results surfaced when one tries to transfer their username starting Nov,2010 – works for some and not. Unable to identify why and how. Be forewarned there may be risks involved. Will update.

Based on what I read, it works for some people only. And some others have successed after trying several times in different dates.

I was finally able to re-claim our username for our business page. I had been checking it's availability about every other day and for us, It took about 2 weeks before it became available to reclaim again.

I lost it on Nov 24th and got it back today Dec 2nd (9th day).

If you want to contact Facebook about this, you may do it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Moved from Profile to AR

I note that there have been no replies on this thread for several days ….

Do you still require help with this ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved , and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down