Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

username redirecting to personal page

2 posters

Go down

username redirecting to personal page  Empty username redirecting to personal page

Post by kburner Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Hello. I am new to the forum and to facebook for my business.

I read several posts and followed a tutorial on the issue I am having. I am still not able to resolve it. I am really hoping this form can help.
I have personal facebook page. Unfortunately, I have my bookstore.com url in the username profile. I created a fan page called KJV Ladies Resources... I have been trying to get my username changed for fan page for KJV Ladies Resources, but keeps going back to profile username of burnerbooks.com. I tried to change profile username to my name and will not work. It shows there is already a Kim Burner, but that is me. It shows Kim Burner when I search for myself. And my personal news page shows url as: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] not Kim Burner.

Here are two screen prints.

kburner
kburner

Back to top Go down

username redirecting to personal page  Empty Re: username redirecting to personal page

Post by Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Maybe this helps? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

username redirecting to personal page  Empty Re: username redirecting to personal page

Post by kburner Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 pm

I followed your tutorial and it did not work for me. I went to my personal profile page with account settings. I clicked on change. I inputted my name in the box. It came up with Usernames can only contain A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and periods (.). under the box. There is also facebook.com/Kim Burner with button titled "check availablity" across it. I clicked it. It did nothing. I also looked for a save button. There is none. This is only the first part of your tutorial.
kburner
kburner

Back to top Go down

username redirecting to personal page  Empty Still username will not change

Post by kburner Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Well, I waited a couple of more weeks and tried it again. Now, I may have new issue.

My page is called KJV Ladies Resources... and I am trying to change username for 1st time. When I search for KJV Ladies Resources I only get my page that I put up. When I go to change username area and I try to put it in box - I just get message "Usernames can only contain A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and periods (.)". But when I try it without spaces, it gives me box to change it with warning can only be done once. I cancelled. From what I can tell there are no other pages named the same when I do a search. When I type in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Ladies Resources - message comes back as" The page you requested was not found.".

I am not sure what to do as I really want customers to be able to find my page and give them easy url to follow. I have been at this for several weeks now and have put of emails and mailings. Any suggestions - please help! Sad
kburner
kburner

Back to top Go down

Post by kburner Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:59 pm

dah! feel really stupid. I took out spaces and added caps and was able to change url. Finally have what I wanted... facebook.com/KJVLadiesResources
kburner
kburner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down