Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can not manage one of my facebook pages

3 posters

Go down

Can not manage one of my facebook pages Empty Can not manage one of my facebook pages

Post by vincent.vis Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:06 am

Hello everyone !
I've been trying to solve this by myself, but I can't find any solution to this problem. Here I go:
I recently created a business page. As I did not know I had to connect it with my personal page, I also created another facebook accoun, with a professional email adress. I was back then able to edit the page, as I was the administrator.

Two days later, I merged the two email adresses into one single account, and it seems that since then I am no longer the administrator of the page, which means nobody can edit it anymore (unless posting on the wall with your traditional personal account).

More precisely, when I connect with one email adress or the other, I am unable to find the business page I created in the section "Manage pages". When I go to page, there is no "edit" option as it used to be. I then concluded that I was not the administrator anymore.

I do not know what happened, and would like to know what should be done to get my editing rights back. If anyone has a clue, please let me know

Thanks in advance !

Vincent
vincent.vis
vincent.vis

Back to top Go down

Can not manage one of my facebook pages Empty Re: Can not manage one of my facebook pages

Post by Admin Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:10 pm

I merged the two email adresses into one single account

How exactly did you do that? Are they both Hotmail/Gmail/Other?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Can not manage one of my facebook pages Empty Re: Can not manage one of my facebook pages

Post by vincent.vis Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 am

I have one hotmail email adress and another which is a professional email adress. I created the business page without signing in my personnal account. Doing so, I created another account, so to speak, with my professional email. I guess that when I set up the administrator rights I precised my facebook name, and Facebook ended offering me to merge the two accounts into a single one. In other words, Facebook sent me an email on my professional email adress with a link that made it possible to link this adress to my existng personal account.

All I am sure of is that I was able to manage my page when I created it, i.e. when I was connected with my professional email adress. But now the page does not even appear on the pages menu, it looks like I am just another potential page's fan.

Any idea?
Thank you again
vincent.vis
vincent.vis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am

Yeah, I get your issue. You created a page without a personal profile (Facebook should definitely remove this option, since having a personal account to administer it is MUCH safer), was asked to create a profile, merged the 2 e-mail addresses (somehow) and then lost the admin rights of the page.

In other words, Facebook sent me an email on my professional email adress with a link that made it possible to link this adress to my existng personal account.

What did that link say, and what did it do?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Moved from Group support to AR
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down