Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have 2 pages facebook.com/<name> and facebook.com/pages/<name>/some number..

3 posters

Go down

I have 2 pages facebook.com/<name> and facebook.com/pages/<name>/some number.. Empty I have 2 pages facebook.com/<name> and facebook.com/pages/<name>/some number..

Post by advisor Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Experts-
please be patient as i am confused abou fb. I have accidentally created to accounts for my business.

I have 2 pages facebook.com/(name) and facebook.com/pages/(name)/some number..

How can I use the /name one and not have it linked to my personal fb account?

Thanks!!
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

I have 2 pages facebook.com/<name> and facebook.com/pages/<name>/some number.. Empty Re: I have 2 pages facebook.com/<name> and facebook.com/pages/<name>/some number..

Post by Tim Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Facebook pages are managed via (a) personal account(s). In other words, you login to your personal account via the main site, then from there you can manage your business page.
Business pages & personal accounts appear unlinked to everyone else however; so visitors to your business page will not know your personal account and vice versa.

To use your personal account (ie. your /name one) simply login to it on the main site, facebook.com . Any activity you undertake will appear as under your personal account (and hence only visible to your Facebook friends), except for when you are at your business page (eg. posting on the business page wall) in which case it will appear posted by the business page (and not under your personal account).
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

I have 2 pages facebook.com/<name> and facebook.com/pages/<name>/some number.. Empty Re: I have 2 pages facebook.com/<name> and facebook.com/pages/<name>/some number..

Post by advisor Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks! So I want to use the one that is facebook.com/(companyname) But it is associated with a personal account.
If you go to it it is obviously a personal account. Is it too late to make it a company? Because I see big brands made like that on facebook?
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:14 pm

How can I use the /name one and not have it linked to my personal fb account?

The /name one is your personal account, I believe? Otherwise, leave a link here so i can check Happy Eyes

Is it too late to make it a company?

You can't switch from personal account to page or viceversa, and you can't change the type of your page either.

Because I see big brands made like that on facebook?

Please read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Okay thank you very much! I read the tutorial. I have also PM'd you.
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:33 pm

advisor wrote:Okay thank you very much! I read the tutorial. I have also PM'd you.

No problem! But you may have confused me with Tim, because I haven't got any PM's from you! Tongue

Anyhow, whatever you need to know, you can ask it here, and if you feel it's private, you may use the hide tags, so that only people who have posted on this topic can read it. Use this format...

Code:
[hide]All of your private content goes here[/hide]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 pm

I was wrong I will post when I get back.
I will use tags,I cannot pm yet not enough posts
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 pm

You need 5 posts anywhere on the forum to do so Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:27 pm

I should have that many soon. Btw I really appreciate you following up
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks!

did this come through properly?
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:11 am

Yep, I got that. Great job on posting the tags properly! My answer is below, between the hide tags too to keep privacy Happy

Hope it helps!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 am

You might want to kick me.
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:54 am

Yes, you can delete your page on Edit Page >> Manage Permissions >> Delete Page.

And then do what I suggested above with your profile, so that Google can figure what page to show first Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:20 pm

I have deleted the page
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Now is there any way to use /advisor as my business page instead of personal? Much like /cocacola uses? I have a regular 2nd personal account that I can use and associate with the /advisor
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Well, you can create a new business page ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), wait until it gets 25 fans, and then go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to get "advisor" as username.

Merry Christmas! Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advisor Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:46 am

Thanks so to have 25 fans, I need a "fan" html code box to add to my site. I don't see that code on my "page." Could you point me to that info? I appreciate the clarification, but so you know, I will pass on the helpful info to others and your site info.
advisor
advisor
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 am

Yeap, you need 25 fans to be able to use a username (ie. facebook.com/username). And to add a Fan Box to your site, please see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. You'll get something like this as outcome...

Be sure to choose the iframe code if you don't use the JavaScript SDK code (that's for kind of more advanced coding stuff).

And it's a pleasure to help nice people like you! We don't get so much people like you everyday... most of them are upset and angry. And thank you very much for suggesting us! I'm glad you like the forum Happy Eyes

And finally... Merry Christmas! Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down