Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photo with customized setting appeared on a non-friends page????

3 posters

Go down

Photo with customized setting appeared on a non-friends page???? Empty Photo with customized setting appeared on a non-friends page????

Post by soconfused Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello everyone, I am new here.

All of my privacy settings are set to "friends only". I posted a photo to my wall and clicked on the little lock symbol to restrict access to that particular photo to only one of my FB friends. My friend has FB friends that I am not friends with ("Non-FB friend"). I have been advised by my FB friend that a Non-FB friend somehow saw this photo on the the Non-FB friend's page. I do not understand how this could have happened because I did not "tag" my FB friend in the photo, I only restricted access to that particular friend. The photo does not appear on FB friend's profile or in their photos. Somehow it has appeard on the Non-FB friends page though. It is as if restricting access to my FB friend acted as tagging my friend and somehow overrided my "friends only" setting.

Is there any explanation for this? How can this be prevented in the future? It means that the one photo that i tried to keep the most confidential has been exposed for others to see.

Please help!!

Thanks!!
soconfused
soconfused

Back to top Go down

Photo with customized setting appeared on a non-friends page???? Empty Re: Photo with customized setting appeared on a non-friends page????

Post by iMeow Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:50 am

Have you tried uploading it into an album instead of your wall?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Photo with customized setting appeared on a non-friends page???? Empty Re: Photo with customized setting appeared on a non-friends page????

Post by soconfused Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:26 pm

No, I haven't tried that. I was just wondering for future why this happened when it seemingly should never have happened. Thanks.
soconfused
soconfused

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Facebook has tons of loopholes when it comes to privacy. Try uploading into an album and tell us what happens. Very Happy
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:24 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved, and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice.
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down