Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to remove my name as a developer of a facebook app

3 posters

Go down

how to remove my name as a developer of a facebook app Empty how to remove my name as a developer of a facebook app

Post by Yasi Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:42 pm

If I do a google search using my name it comes up with a facebook app with my name as the developer of that app. I have had nothing to do with, does anyone know I can remove my name as a developer of this app
Yasi
Yasi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

how to remove my name as a developer of a facebook app Empty Re: how to remove my name as a developer of a facebook app

Post by Poke Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:01 pm

you mean remove it from goggle or facebook? Wink
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

how to remove my name as a developer of a facebook app Empty Re: how to remove my name as a developer of a facebook app

Post by Yasi Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:03 pm

I assume if I could remove it from facebook then it wouldn't come up in Google, what section should it be posted in?
Yasi
Yasi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:21 pm

I am sorry you are right for the right section, You can access your app through the Developer application. Which means you can change your name, etc! hope this helps! Happy
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:20 pm

This isn't the right section... no support is given here. Moved from Apps to Apps Support.

You need to upgrade to the new pages layout in order to display a different developer name. Then you can edit it on Edit App => App Information => Edit => Developer Information => Company => Company name.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasi Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks very much for you help, I did that and have now removed my name as a developer of that app. That was a few hours ago and now if I do a Google search using my name it still returns a result showing that app as the top result, I understand that is because of Google's cache, does anyone know how long until Google updates the cache and if there's anything I can do to speed it up?
Yasi
Yasi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:01 am

You can re-add the URL for the Google bot to check it once again => [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Once the page is checked again, it should be changed soon (1-2 weeks).
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasi Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:12 am

Great I've added the URL to Google now and hope it stops showing the old version as quickly as possible, just waiting for their crawlers to get around to it could take ages!
Yasi
Yasi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasi Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Problem resolved! I'm very pleased now if I do a Google search with my name it no longer returns a result showing my name and Facebook profile picture as the developer of an app that I had nothing to do with, thanks for your help!
Yasi
Yasi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down