Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, my Messages Section is Blank on Facebook

5 posters

Go down

Hey, my Messages Section is Blank on Facebook Empty Hey, my Messages Section is Blank on Facebook

Post by Nick. V Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Hey,

I am new and I just about tried everything to solve this issue. I cleaned my cookies and cache and even added the page to my trusted Internet Sites. Just today I loaded Internet Explorer 9 and still no results. I even tried Google Chrome. The same issue exists on my other computer so I am not sure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Nick. V
Nick. V
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Hey, my Messages Section is Blank on Facebook Empty Re: Hey, my Messages Section is Blank on Facebook

Post by Josh Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:15 am

Can you take a screenshot of what you see and post it here?
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Hey, my Messages Section is Blank on Facebook Empty Re: Hey, my Messages Section is Blank on Facebook

Post by Nick. V Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:28 am

Sure. But how do I do that? There is an option for image Hosting. I tried it but something didnt work. I dont have the image on a Site. I just have it saved to my Desktop. So how do I do a straight upload?
Nick. V
Nick. V
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:40 am

Please see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick. V Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks. I did everything correctly minus the Waiting part. My computer is extra slow so I thought it was something to do with that. Internet Explorer 9 has caused nothing but slowness since I loaded it today.

Anyways, the picture is there I blackened out the personal info like Friends names etc but its clear enough. Its just a blank page. You can see the original page and this is like a White Blank like when a page Times out and you have to close it down. Same issue with this. I cant click anything. I cant send, view or do anything with the Message Section.
Nick. V
Nick. V
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

Any reason it's faded? It's quite difficult to see.

I don't get what you mean by a blank page because I can see the links on the left as well as profile pictures and names.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick. V Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Well its Black because those are my Private E-Mails. And anyone can still Read them. I understand that you can see the page, I can see the page as well. Its not completely White, or Blank its Transparent. Its the same issue everyone is having with different pages concerning Facebook. It goes Transparent and I cant click on anything. I am forced to just close the entire page.
Nick. V
Nick. V
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:17 pm

My computer is extra slow so I thought it was something to do with that. Internet Explorer 9 has caused nothing but slowness since I loaded it today.

What computer' housekeeping' have you done recently ??

Have you uninstalled any programs you do not now need etc?

Run a defrag of the Hard drive maybe ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:20 pm

If you are seeing a blank page when accessing your messages, follow these steps:

1.Make sure that you are using the most recent version of a supported internet browser.
2.Try manually refreshing the page a few times (Ctrl + r on a PC or Command + r on a Mac).
3.Check whether the issue is occurring on more than one computer.
If the problem persists, please submit a report.

hope this helps. Wink
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick. V Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Ive read that before and no it didnt help. Thanks anyways. Maybe someone else has other suggestions.

P.S I havent done anything. I came back from a vacation, nothing changed. I checked my comp for viruses, everything is Fine. I only started installing newer versions of everything when I encountered the problem. So I havent done anything to cause this issue computer wise.
Nick. V
Nick. V
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by KristineDeLaBirie Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 pm

I think I found a solution... whenever you are in the messages page and shows the blank page scroll down. It will show you something about new messages and Next . Press it and you'll have the new messages installed. let me put a screenshot
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Under the blank messages after scrolling down you will see this . Just follow the steps of it and your messages will hopefully be back . I hope I helped Happy
KristineDeLaBirie
KristineDeLaBirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick. V Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 pm

THANKS! It solved the issue. Thank you very much, Kristine Happy
Nick. V
Nick. V
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down