Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about the Facebook sign up page birthdate link

3 posters

Go down

question about the Facebook sign up page birthdate link Empty question about the Facebook sign up page birthdate link

Post by JustInquiring Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:59 am

I was looking at the facebook signup page contemplating joining or not. (yes, one of the handful non FF members remaining on the planet). I saw the help link "Why do we need your birthdate?" But when I clicked it, a popup box started up with: "Loading..." . I immediately closed the tab to stop the load. Why does some app have to load on my computer to answer that question? The fact that the answer to the question was not simply available kinda reinforces why I haven't joined FF up until now. Loss of control. TMI.

Even this forum registration had excess info required. what games I play? birthdate? I participate in MANY online forums and have never seen so much information requested to signup to a simple forum.

JustInquiring
JustInquiring

Back to top Go down

question about the Facebook sign up page birthdate link Empty Re: question about the Facebook sign up page birthdate link

Post by shadowprince Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:45 am

Well, nothing so serious about it. They are asking so much info so as to make the site more and more relevant to Facebook original. Thats all. And about that loading thing, I havent checked it but i guess they were trying to redirect you to some other page which may be FAQ or some Help Center, no big deal in that.
shadowprince
shadowprince

Back to top Go down

question about the Facebook sign up page birthdate link Empty Re: question about the Facebook sign up page birthdate link

Post by Ruby Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 pm

This poster does not tell us if the problem is with this forum or with Facebook so on that basis alone and no reply from OP

Sent to abandoned
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down