Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to Change Username- Different!

2 posters

Go down

Want to Change Username- Different! Empty Want to Change Username- Different!

Post by jkanurin Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi All,

Let me just start by saying that I hope this is in the right category. This is my problem-

When the option to pick a username first came out, cool. I went ahead and used the same username that I use everywhere else without any thought. I'd been using this same username for years. You can probably see the problem approaching. Here we are, a few years later, and I have recently graduated from college. I am looking for jobs and fullwell know that employers are checking to see if you have a facebook. The content itself I'm pretty ok with (even though it is private), but I'd like to change my username. Here is the issue- I never used my "one time chance" to change it! I set it at what it is today, and haven't touched it since! I would REALLY like this option to change it before I have to go and make a new facebook entirely. I completely understand why facebook would only want you to be able to change it once, and promise that I am not just trying to fleece the system. I just want my one chance to change it. I can't help but to feel that an admin somewhere has this power. I understand, if you have the answer, that you may not want to post it where everyone can see it. Please, I hope someone can help me, and I look forward to receiving some replies. Thanks!
jkanurin
jkanurin

Back to top Go down

Want to Change Username- Different! Empty Re: Want to Change Username- Different!

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:27 am

Do please take a look at information links from here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] happy
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Want to Change Username- Different! Empty Re: Want to Change Username- Different!

Post by jkanurin Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:31 am

I can't do that. I know exactly where the option is, but it's not giving me the option anymore, although I never changed my username previously.
jkanurin
jkanurin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:15 pm

When the option to pick a username first came out, cool. I went ahead and used the same username that I use everywhere else without any thought.

May we assume you are not using your own name on that Facebook account?

I am looking for jobs and fullwell know that employers are checking to see if you have a facebook

Are they? Do you know this and if so how? Why do they wish to know if you have a Facebook account ?

The content itself I'm pretty ok with (even though it is private), but I'd like to change my username. Here is the issue- I never used my "one time chance" to change it! I set it at what it is today, and haven't touched it since! I would REALLY like this option to change it before I have to go and make a new facebook entirely. I completely understand why facebook would only want you to be able to change it once, and promise that I am not just trying to fleece the system. I just want my one chance to change it. I can't help but to feel that an admin somewhere has this power.

I am sorry to inform you but this and any other forum , its staff and Admin, have no power or authority at all over what Facebook does or does not 'do' with its accounts and nor can we create the power to enable you to change your user-name on Facebook ..

Please, I hope someone can help me, and I look forward to receiving some replies. Thanks!

One 'suggestion to offer you is for you to create a completely new Facebook account with all the detail you wish for any employer to see ( if that is your wish ?)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 am

No inoput for a month so sent to abandoned section
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down