Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delete a friend request that does not exist?

3 posters

Go down

Delete a friend request that does not exist? Empty Delete a friend request that does not exist?

Post by Della Kephart Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 am

Friend Requested, page does not exist, can't delete it by using the X, If I go to the page it takes me back to my site. How do I delete this? Requested being a friend in an organization that I used to belong to, it will not be deleted no matter what I try. If I open in incognito window, it takes me to the correct page. Strange! Just want to delete, please help! Facebook Forum :please:
Della Kephart
Della Kephart

Back to top Go down

Delete a friend request that does not exist? Empty Re: Delete a friend request that does not exist?

Post by Admin Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Have you tried going to Friends, typing his/her name and clicking on the "X" next to its name already? Thank you.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Delete a friend request that does not exist? Empty Reply to The Listener

Post by Della Kephart Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried that, it did not delete it...
Della Kephart
Della Kephart

Back to top Go down

Delete a friend request that does not exist? Empty Re: Delete a friend request that does not exist?

Post by Admin Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:01 pm

That's weird, it happened to me once. Can I know what browser you're using=
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Della Kephart Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 pm

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. The problem seems to be a catch-22 in that I sent a friend request to an entity who no longer has a FB account, so FB can't cancel the request because they don't exist anymore...
Della Kephart
Della Kephart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Are you sure this person haven't blocked you?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Della Kephart Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:55 pm

OK, here's the full story.
I sent a friend request to an organizations FB site.
In the meantime, that organization closed that page.
Now that the page does not exist anymore, FB doesn't know how to delete a friend request from a site that doesn't exist anymore. If you select the 'X' to close, it apparently has to make a connection to that site and since it can't it won't delete the friend request from my friends list. It seems to be a FB bug. Getting FB tech support to actually fix things instead of just changing the appearance of FB all the time seems to be an impossible mission.
Anyway, if anyone knows how to really get around this issue. please let me know.
Thank You!
Della Kephart
Della Kephart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 am

An organization page... a personal Facebook Profile?

If it was deleted or deactivated, it shouldn't show up anymore. So yeah, it's a glitch.

But you said you opened an incognito window and took you to the right place. How was that possible?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 pm

>>>Please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem;thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:08 am

>>No reply; Locked and Moved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down