Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does my idea violate the usage policy?

2 posters

Go down

Does my idea violate the usage policy? Empty Does my idea violate the usage policy?

Post by advo505 Fri May 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Hello all,

I work for a rural newspaper. We are, like many other publications, trying to usurp the potential of social networking. I got an idea, but I'm not sure if it violates the Facebook usage policy. I don't see anything in the policy that specifically prohibits this use, but then again, this idea of mine doesn't fit nicely into any of the categories of the said policy.

Anyhow... let me show you some examples:
https://www.facebook.com/McDonalds
https://www.facebook.com/mountaindew
https://www.facebook.com/refresheverything

My idea really isn't original, nor is it complicated. I just want to know if the Facebook FBML pages are fair game for the "advertising" of services provided by the page owner (i.e. us)... without some sort of an advertising fee. Does Facebook require some sort of special commercial agreement for such content?

I've tried contacting Facebook, but I haven't got a clear answer. They seem to direct me to the next department, which does the same as the first.

Any thoughts? Also, do any of you have any good Facebook page suggestions that follow this theme?

Thoughts and ideas on this matter are certainly appreciated.

Thanks!
advo505
advo505

Back to top Go down

Does my idea violate the usage policy? Empty Re: Does my idea violate the usage policy?

Post by Admin Fri May 28, 2010 9:05 pm

You mean posting contests and advertisings on Fan Pages? That's 100% allowed, lots of fan pages do that.

Also, do any of you have any good Facebook page suggestions that follow this theme?

What is your main theme?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Does my idea violate the usage policy? Empty Re: Does my idea violate the usage policy?

Post by advo505 Fri May 28, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm just after good commercial Facebook pages that effectively use Facebook to attract fans/users. Sorry, should have clarified that.
advo505
advo505

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Well... commercial pages. The most succesful pages on Facebook are official (ie. "FarmVille" is managed by Zynga workers). Are you wishing to get money from them? It depends on what you want to advertise.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advo505 Fri May 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Actually, I'd like to add a FBML page to our organization's Facebook page to promote subscription to our paper.
advo505
advo505

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Do you need help with that, or you know how to do it already? I can help if you want me to Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by advo505 Sun May 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks, but I can handle setting it up. This was more of a policy/procedural question.

Thanks all
advo505
advo505

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down