Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All notifications stopped around 6/10 - am I alone?

4 posters

Go down

All notifications stopped around 6/10 - am I alone? Empty All notifications stopped around 6/10 - am I alone?

Post by raindog Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:08 am

After June 8th, all of my FB email notifications stopped. Completely. Nothing to my email...I don't have SMS notifications turned on. The last FB email notification I got was June 8th.

By notifications I mean notifications about comments to posts, messages, etc. - zero notifications.

Things I've tried:
  • unchecking everything, save settings, checking everything, save settings.
  • changing my email address. I get the "Facebook Contact Email Change Notification" emails just fine, but no notifications flow.
  • looking in my Spam folder. Nothing there. My email is Google.
  • specifically adding '*@facebookmail.com' to my whitelist. Again, nothing is in my spam folder.
  • Submitting a bug report a couple weeks ago.

I did get an iPhone on 6/4. I installed the FB app and I see notifications there, but nothing in my email. I tried uninstalling the FB app and that made no difference.

Anyone else run into this? I've seen several threads like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

All notifications stopped around 6/10 - am I alone? Empty Re: All notifications stopped around 6/10 - am I alone?

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:06 am

Please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification;thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

All notifications stopped around 6/10 - am I alone? Empty Re: All notifications stopped around 6/10 - am I alone?

Post by raindog Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Oh yes, still a problem.

I am still sad.

:'(
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi raindog,

Hm...sounds like this is a FB problem more than anything. Do you still get the notifications within Facebook (ie. the red pop-up notifiers at the top left of the FB pages)?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Tim wrote:Hi raindog,

Hm...sounds like this is a FB problem more than anything. Do you still get the notifications within Facebook (ie. the red pop-up notifiers at the top left of the FB pages)?

Yes. And I get them on my iPhone. But I don't get anything in mail. Correct email address (tried several), all relevant boxes checked, not in my spam folder...I'm stumped. No response from FB.
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 am

May I ask if you can still send and receive emails from the Address( es) you have associated with Facebook?

Have you logged into Facebook to see what addresses you have given to Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Ruby wrote:May I ask if you can still send and receive emails from the Address( es) you have associated with Facebook?

Have you logged into Facebook to see what addresses you have given to Facebook ?

Yes...they're correct. Even tried changing it to a different email. I got the confirmation notice that my email had changed but...no notifications after that. It's really quite frustrating ;-)
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Do you get messages to your IPhone?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:52 pm

I do get notifications on my iphone. I get the badge (red circle number) and if I go to notifications, there they are. But nothing in my email. I thought perhaps the iphone app was somehow interfering, but after removing it for a couple days, I still didn't get any email notifications, so I turned it back on.
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:59 pm

So you are getting notifications but to your IPhone....

I admit I do not know if you do have the choice of either or both for notifications to be sent by email or Iphone

You may have to look in your own profile for that..................
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Well...everything is checked:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm

raindog wrote:Well...everything is checked:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

very strange.....

you say you are getting IPhone (?)which is not checked but not getting email which is checked....

Has Facebook got a gliitch with you maybe?????
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm getting iPhone notifications in the Facebook app. I don't get SMS notifications, nor do I want them. I don't get any email...

Perhaps it's a glitch, but of course no one in Facebook support answers, so...sadness Heey!
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:20 pm

raindog wrote:I'm getting iPhone notifications in the Facebook app. I don't get SMS notifications, nor do I want them. I don't get any email...

Perhaps it's a glitch, but of course no one in Facebook support answers, so...sadness Heey!

Are you getting email notifications to the IPhone??????
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Ruby wrote:
raindog wrote:I'm getting iPhone notifications in the Facebook app. I don't get SMS notifications, nor do I want them. I don't get any email...

Are you getting email notifications to the IPhone??????

My iPhone does look at my Gmail, but there are no notifications there.

To recap:
  • As I posted in the image, I have the right things checked in FB
  • No notifications go to my email
  • Looked in my spam folder - nothing there
  • The email address is correct
  • Tried different email addresses
  • I get Facebook app notifications on the iPhone (i.e., if I go into the iPhone facebook app and go to notifications, I see them), but nothing in my email. I don't do SMS notifications.
  • I do see notifications on the FB site.
  • I've tried removing the FB app from my iPhone. No difference. Don't really know if it's related.

raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

I've tried removing the FB app from my iPhone. No difference. Don't really know if it's related.

when did you last try that?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:51 pm

A couple weeks ago. I just deleted the app again and now I'll go resave my settings in FB.
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:07 pm

any joy yet?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Nope. I removed the FB app from my iPhone Sunday at 4pm and I have yet to see any email notifications. Strange and sad.
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by raindog Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 am

Tried enabling SMS notifications on my FB profile. Those work fine. So notifications via SMS work, notifications to my iPhone when I have the FB app installed work, notifications on the site work...but no notifications to email!

Confirmed again they're not going to spam or trash. Grrr.
raindog
raindog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 am

What e-mail brand do you use? Hotmail, Gmail...?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm

So that Members know which topics still require assistance, would you please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification; thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down