Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Duplicate User Profiles

2 posters

Go down

Removing Duplicate User Profiles Empty Removing Duplicate User Profiles

Post by Mark Sustin Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:59 pm

As a result of the problem below, I now have 4 user profiles, all under the same email address. When people search for me they see 4 entries. The login email for all 4 is the same and it takes me to the correct profile. My question is, How do I remove the other 3 that show up when my name is searched? Thanks for any advice!

Message from Facebook Team:

Hi,

Recently some users have experienced difficulty in confirming email addresses on accounts. This problem has been resolved.

If the issue you were experiencing with your account has already been resolved, no further action is required. If you are experiencing an unrelated issue, please reply to this email and a representative will Butt you.

If you were attempting to sign up for a new account, unfortunately you will need to go through the sign up process again.

If you were attempting to add a new contact email to your existing Facebook account, please try reconfirming your email by clicking on the “Resend Confirmation Email” link in Account Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused, and we hope you continue to enjoy the site.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

Last edited by Mark Sustin on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected grammar)
Mark Sustin
Mark Sustin
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Removing Duplicate User Profiles Empty Re: Removing Duplicate User Profiles

Post by Admin Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Have you read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

By the way, how did you create 4 different profiles under the same e-mail address? Is that even possible?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sustin Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:32 pm

It's not a matter of deactivating the accounts. I was attemting to set up a new account and couldn't complete the confirmation step at the end, so I started over from the beginning. I did this 3 times before finally getting it to work on the 4th try. I can only access the 4th profile but they all show up as search results when you input my name. The same email and pwd were used each time. It's like there are 3 phantom accounts! Any ideas?
Mark Sustin
Mark Sustin
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Report each of those 'phantom profiles' to Facebook, with the "Report/Block this person" at the left of each page, and select "Fake Profile - This doesn't repesent a real person" as the reason.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sustin Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:58 pm

OK Listener, I'll give that a try right now.
Mark Sustin
Mark Sustin
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sustin Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Alright, It's done. Is there anything else I can/should do?
Mark Sustin
Mark Sustin
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sustin Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:17 pm

The Listener wrote:Report each of those 'phantom profiles' to Facebook, with the "Report/Block this person" at the left of each page, and select "Fake Profile - This doesn't repesent a real person" as the reason.

OK, I tried this and it does not seem to have worked. Any other suggestions?
Mark Sustin
Mark Sustin
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down