Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security Report - Padlock over Facebook Account, wont log in! Help!

2 posters

Go down

Security Report - Padlock over Facebook Account, wont log in! Help! Empty Security Report - Padlock over Facebook Account, wont log in! Help!

Post by seanpc15 Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:31 pm

I haven't had any problems with logging into facebook in the past but quite recently, on one specific laptop (the one I am using now), I have had quite a number of problems when it comes to logging into facebook. It states that there is a security report and that a website called GeoTrust (??) has prevented me from logging in. There is a padlock in the nagivation bar and this states that I cannot log into [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] because of the 'GeoTrust' Certificate. I've tried all sorts of security protocols and internet options and have now had to revert to asking members of the forum instead as I am flummoxed on why it won't let me log in. I have a feeling that Facebook is preventing me from logging on because of the fact that my father also uses his Facebook account and maybe Facebook are discarding my log in due to the fact that I use Facebook under two different users on this laptop and have done this for security reasons. My internet browser is IE 8 but I have also attempted to log in on Google Chrome and that attempt failed. My account works on every other computer I have used.
seanpc15
seanpc15

Back to top Go down

Security Report - Padlock over Facebook Account, wont log in! Help! Empty Re: Security Report - Padlock over Facebook Account, wont log in! Help!

Post by Ruby Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:19 pm

To advise; Facebook gets very concerned ( for security reasons, if a user logs in from more than one location; they need to know it is you and not someone else that is trying to access the account

I strongly suggest you limit your access to Facebook on just one private and only used by you machine

Facebook URL is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have a feeling that Facebook is preventing me from logging on because of the fact that my father also uses his Facebook account and maybe Facebook are discarding my log in due to the fact that I use Facebook under two different users on this laptop and have done this for security reasons. My internet browser is IE 8 but I have also attempted to log in on Google Chrome and that attempt failed. My account works on every other computer I have used.

Seems you are trying to confuse Facebook

Try the URL I have given you but on an only- used -by- you computer please
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down