Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Option "Suggest to friends" disappears

+3
Admin
Tim
pedot
7 posters

Go down

Option "Suggest to friends" disappears Empty Option "Suggest to friends" disappears

Post by pedot Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:31 am

Hi -

Since three days this problem occurs - and I have no idea why this is. Has anybody any suggestions or maybe questions, that will bring me closer to a solution?

Thanks for your help!

Eva
pedot
pedot

Back to top Go down

Option "Suggest to friends" disappears Empty Re: Option "Suggest to friends" disappears

Post by Tim Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:18 am

Hi Eva,

What are you trying to suggest (to friends)? Have you suggested the 'item' in question to those friends before?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Option "Suggest to friends" disappears Empty Re: Option "Suggest to friends" disappears

Post by pedot Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:36 am

hi tim,

no - i haven't suggested it before. Usually, the link always works - even if I had suggested before: the friends that already reacted to a certain site where just "blind", i just couldnt mark them anymore.

now, I dont see the link anymore. with the two admin-sites, there is the old

edit page
----------
promote with an ad
----------
suggest to friends
----------
add to my page's Favorites

with all other sites, there is nothing under the profil apart from the link "add to my page's Favorites".

Thanks for your answers,

eva
pedot
pedot

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:11 am

Could you please leave the links to those pages where you can't see that link?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Facebook just posted this on their Known Issues Page Very Happy

If you click on the "Suggest to Friends" button on a Page, the suggestion box fails to load at this time. We are aware of the issue, and hope to have this fixed shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Could be related to that. They'll update one it's fixed Cool Shades
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TinaAmorine Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:00 pm

not only that but on all the pages there isn't even an option to suggest friends link at all... the only people that still have them are admins of that page and it doesn't work as shown in the illustration by the Listener above ^

Will we get the option to "suggest to friends" back on the fan, community etc. pages ?
TinaAmorine
TinaAmorine
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Yes, I believe they removed the link temporarily to avoid getting that blank result. Once it's fixed, I'm sure it will be back. We have to wait. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ede paepe Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:57 am

I wanted to ask the same question. I will be glad to see the "suggest to friends" link back on all fanpages, so I can suggest those pages to friends again.

Do you know when this link will be back online on all Facebook fanpages?
ede paepe
ede paepe

Back to top Go down

Post by emurphy Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:52 pm

its frustrating, man. i cant see the button on a certain pages that i actually like and would like to suggest to a few of my buddies. ~ huh, lets hope so it comes back soon!
emurphy
emurphy
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:01 pm

ede paepe wrote:Do you know when this link will be back online on all Facebook fanpages?

It will be back once it's fixed, I believe. But they haven't given any date yet... we have to check regularly until we see it again. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pedot Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:03 am

very annoying, somehow.... Sad any news?
pedot
pedot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Hello,

Have you recently checked to see if the bug has been fixed?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flaghand Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:58 pm

I've been experiencing the same problem. My suggest to friends box isn't working on my fanpage anymore. Hoping that it will come back soon. Does anybody have updated information?
flaghand
flaghand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down