Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites

+9
fash35
ToKo
MorphClub
davidhick
desaintforent
mmacint
bripow
Admin
Miki_Ferrari
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites Empty [Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites

Post by Miki_Ferrari Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 am

I have a large (more then 3800 members) group, old style. It is closed so or people ask to join or I can invite my friends, i.e., only the friends of my normal FB account.
The issue is that it is quite long time, more than two weeks, that when I click on "Invite People to Join" my friends are not listed as usual, ma I receive the message "Sorry, something went wrong" below reported.
I must say that another Admin of the Group when clicking on "Invite People to Join" does not receive this message, but the normal list of friends for selection. Of course the list of his friends, not the friends of mine. So these latter cannot be practically invited Sad
Can someone help me in fixing this? Thank you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by The Listener on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem is solved - Topic locked)
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites Empty Re: [Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Is this happening with the regular Facebook site, and the Mobile and Touch ones? Have you tried them all?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites Empty Re: [Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites

Post by Miki_Ferrari Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Yes, it happens with my PC (Windows). I have tried now with my smartphone (Symbian^3) and the result is the same in the browser of the mobile "sorry, something went wrong"
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 pm

I just did a test with an old group I manage and the page is showing up fine. Could you...

... leave the link to your group?
... try using the invite tool with another old group?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki_Ferrari Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:09 am

As I have written in the other issue (the missing default link of Photos....) the group link is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you are welcome to join

Unfortunately I have not other groups (new or old) where I am admin. If you have an old group you could make me admin just for the purpose to see if i see the error message or i see the list of my friends (I will not invite nobody of course! Very Happy).

For your info I am admin of an event (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=153389961379443) and when I click on "+ Select Guests to Invite" I see the list of all my friends, no error message
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki_Ferrari Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:34 am

Sorry! I have partially misunderstood, I am member of course of old groups "open" where I can invite people (my friends).
Just done the trial and the result is always the same, I receive the error message above, identical.
So, it seems that the issue is not at level of my (closed) old group, but at level of my account (sigh Sad )
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Well, "Suggest to Friends" is currently bugged too so Facebook is working on it. I believe same thing happens to "Invite people to join". I guess you'll have to wait until one of these options is back to normal.

I don't see any links on your group, though. Maybe because I'm not a member.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki_Ferrari Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:45 pm

thanks for trying even if we have not fixed the issue
as i have written it is long time, more than one month, that i am waiting the option is coming back to normal
bests
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites Empty People not receiving Groups/Pages Invites

Post by bripow Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:24 am

I created a fan page for my business. When I go to use the suggest to friends feature the pop up window states "Your friends will see your page as a recommended page as shown below". Does this mean they will not receive a notification that I have requested they become a fan. The way it looks it will appear as a suggestion, almost like an ad on the side of their home page.

Thanks.

Last edited by The Listener on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title amended and topics merged)
bripow
bripow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:50 pm

If you suggest a page for your page, your friends will see it as a request on this page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. They'll see a a notification on their homepage saying "X Page Requests".
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bripow Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 pm

No one is receiving the requests. Any ideas?
bripow
bripow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:47 pm

bripow wrote:No one is receiving the requests.
How are you sure of that? Doesn't any of those friends who you have sent the request to see something like this on the right side of their homepages?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bripow Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

I sent it to my wife to test it and she's not getting them. Tried sending to a few other people and they say they are not getting them either.
bripow
bripow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Can your wife or any of your friends see any other Page requests? Have you already suggested your page to them in the past, having them refused your invites?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bripow Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

No I just created the page 2 days ago and just sent them requests to see how the suggestions work.
bripow
bripow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites Empty Problem with Group Invites

Post by mmacint Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:11 pm

I recently revamped an old style group in order to promote something. Somewhere in the range of 3-4000 invites were sent out to request people to join the group. It has been 2-3 days and many of the people who we invited still have not received their invites to join the group. Is there a reason why they would not have received the invite and how would we resolve this issue?
mmacint
mmacint

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:27 pm

I've merged both topics since you're both experiencing a similar problem. Happy (to avoid having to answer this twice).

I just did a test with one of my pages and a dummy account, and I'm having the same issue as you 2 are having: no request is being received.

@ bripow: Please report this to Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'll do the same since I'm having the same issue you are having.
@ mmacint: Please report this to Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Since Facebook won't notify you when this is fixed, you have to keep on testing eventually. I'll keep on testing to see when this gets fixed and will let you guys know. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mmacint Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:30 pm

sounds good thanks so much
mmacint
mmacint

Back to top Go down

Post by bripow Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks...glad to know I'm not going crazy!
bripow
bripow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] People not receiving Groups/Pages/Events Invites Empty Problem with Invites

Post by desaintforent Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 am

Same problem here !

I tried to suggest friends to my facebook page about two weeks ago. It didn't work for 80% of y contact. A known issue has been reported by facebook about that.

Since then, i kept checking for this to work again and i noticed 6 days ago a new message when you click on "suggest to friends" button : "Your friends will see your page as a recommended page as shown below."

I tried again with some close friends on several other pages and it's not working too.

My thinking is that facebook want to remove all possibility of spam from their site and suggest to friends was kind of annoying for some friends.
I think that soon, when you will sugest page to friends it will not send a direct message but display as an ad on the sidebar.
I understand this move but it's still not working for me !!

The bad thing is that when this feature will work again, i will not be able to invite my friends as i already invited them ( but didn't work ).

I'm very frustated that nothing has been posted from facebook yet.

Post split from other thread in Group etc Support section to enable individual attention

Merged back - appears to be the same problem

Last edited by Tim on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
desaintforent
desaintforent

Back to top Go down

Post by bripow Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:48 am

Anyone tried seeing if this has been fixed?
bripow
bripow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:52 am

I just tried again and it didn't work. We'll have to keep on waiting... Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bripow Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Wonder if this will fix it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bripow
bripow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by davidhick Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm

nope
davidhick
davidhick

Back to top Go down

Post by MorphClub Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:50 am

is there anything new? i have the same problems since 1 month or longer. i can mark all 3200 friends, get a message that the invitations have been sent successfully ... but noone gets an invitation and nobody is marked after this so I can try it again. tried different browsers, tried to mark only 49 people, single ones. hmm, seems that I nearly tried everything. sorry for the english, stupid german;)
MorphClub
MorphClub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next