Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can i upload Gif animated images in facebook..

3 posters

Go down

How can i upload Gif animated images in facebook.. Empty How can i upload Gif animated images in facebook..

Post by Ahamed Mueen Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I have facebook group called "Be Inspired"... & i want to upload Gif animation images to my group to inspire people. How can i do that.. can anybody help me...

Moved from Facebook Media To Facebook Support Photo and video section

Last edited by Ruby on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to more appropriate section of Forum)
Ahamed Mueen
Ahamed Mueen

Back to top Go down

How can i upload Gif animated images in facebook.. Empty Re: How can i upload Gif animated images in facebook..

Post by Admin Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Next time, please perform a search in the forum before asking your question. Very Happy It's been already answered twice. Wink

The Listener wrote:I did some research on this a while ago, actually Tongue And yeah, there are some italian fan pages that display animated pictures Very Happy

Answering your question. "Is posting animated .gif/.swf images on Facebook possible?" The answer is no.

There was a bug a few months ago on Facebook Photos, and that's how they got to post this. They just made a .GIF image, and changed the format to .JPEG/.JPG manually (Right click >> Change name). Then they uploaded them to Facebook, and since they were already converted, Facebook accepted them.

This bug got so known that people started to do upload these pictures, until Facebook fixed it (not so long ago). The only way to currently do something similar is creating a Facebook Application and doing magics with FBML... but that takes some serious coding and knowledge!

Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

How can i upload Gif animated images in facebook.. Empty Re: How can i upload Gif animated images in facebook..

Post by N8tvGrl Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Why doesn't Fb allow GIF?
N8tvGrl
N8tvGrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:16 pm

N8tvGrl wrote:Why doesn't Fb allow GIF?

I don't know exactly, but to me it's because they don't want their website to be flooded with blinking and moving images: they want to keep it simple. Heck, they don't even allow .PNG's! Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by N8tvGrl Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Thank YOU, much appreciated. Okay
N8tvGrl
N8tvGrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:43 pm

You're welcome. Wink

Question has been already answered (Post #2), moved to solved.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down