Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business Page "About" information duplicated twice

+2
Admin
Scriptwriter
6 posters

Go down

Business Page "About" information duplicated twice Empty Business Page "About" information duplicated twice

Post by Scriptwriter Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi there.

I'm creating a Facebook business page. However, once I've filled in the info required in the "Edit Page" form and saved it the information I put in the "About" field is appearing twice in the two boxes on the left of the page. If I delete the info in the "About" field the info disappears from both boxes. I've tried just deleting the info from one of the boxes using the pencil icon in the top right hand corner but the same thing happens. Has anyone got any clues how to get it to only appear once?

Thanks in advance.

Moved from General to Facebook support Privacy
Scriptwriter
Scriptwriter
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Business Page "About" information duplicated twice Empty Re: Business Page "About" information duplicated twice

Post by Admin Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm not getting what you mean. A [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may help. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Business Page "About" information duplicated twice Empty Re: Business Page "About" information duplicated twice

Post by Scriptwriter Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:46 am

Thanks for your reply. Do these help?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Scriptwriter
Scriptwriter
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 pm

They really do! Very Happy

I just tested this out in my page and got the same result. That's weird... it didn't use to be like that in the past.

This might be a bug, you can report it to Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scriptwriter Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:02 am

Many thanks for looking into this for me, The Listener. Very much appreciated. I thought I was just going mad!

This topic will remain open until we hear back from Facebook.

Last edited by The Listener on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added note)
Scriptwriter
Scriptwriter
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Business Page "About" information duplicated twice Empty About box appears twice?

Post by mjburkett Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 pm

I can't seem to figure out how to get the About information on my page to stop appearing twice.

Like any FB, there's a box below the profile pic called "say something about (business)". So I added some information. Then the next time I viewed the page, another box appeared below it labeled, "Information". Inside the box is the word About: and then the exact same information I had added in the box under the profile pic.

When I try to edit one, the other changes. How do I get rid of one of the boxes?

Thanks!
mjburkett
mjburkett

Back to top Go down

Post by mjburkett Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Actually, now that I look, the information appears THREE times. It's also on the Info tab under "About." (!)
mjburkett
mjburkett

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:01 pm

mjburkett wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to get the About information on my page to stop appearing twice.

Like any FB, there's a box below the profile pic called "say something about (business)". So I added some information. Then the next time I viewed the page, another box appeared below it labeled, "Information". Inside the box is the word About: and then the exact same information I had added in the box under the profile pic.

When I try to edit one, the other changes. How do I get rid of one of the boxes?

Thanks!

I've merged your topic with Scriptwriter's, since you're both having the same issue. Wink

This is a generla bug, so far I've gotten 3 reports. But since I don't work for facebook, you have to let them know. Very Happy Please use the contact form I linked to in my previous message.

The Listener wrote:This might be a bug, you can report it to Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Wink

The more people report it properly (like you 2 have done it here), the faster it will get noticed and fixed. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mjburkett Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks much for the quick reply!
mjburkett
mjburkett

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjamison Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

the same thing is going on with my page. You can find it here...

Typed the info into the top box on the left and it appears once again in the second box directly below it. Nice site Zuckerburg.

kmjamison
kmjamison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:27 pm

kmjamison wrote:the same thing is going on with my page. You can find it here...

Typed the info into the top box on the left and it appears once again in the second box directly below it. Nice site Zuckerburg.

Report the problem as well, with the link TL provided. Facebook is provided as a free service. If you don't like it, then don't use it.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by veganjackson Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:52 am

I'm having a related but different problem.

The about box has now gone from our page, and we also don't have the place within basic info to add it! See here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have reported this to Facebook. Do you think it's likely a symptom of the same bug? Many pages do seem to still have an 'about box' inside their 'Information Box' reflecting what they have listed under the Info tab at 'Basic Info'.

veganjackson
veganjackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 pm

This problem seems fixed. Facebook has taken away the box below profile picture so that only the "About" field shows up.... terrible decision IMO.

Is this solved for everybody? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Working good for everybody now? Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down