Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can't see photos in my album after right clicking and choosing block now can't restore please help

4 posters

Go down

can't see photos in my album after right clicking and choosing block now can't restore please help  Empty can't see photos in my album after right clicking and choosing block now can't restore please help

Post by C-Dawg Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:31 am

I recently right clicked on one of my photos and chose block photo, Now when I click (left click) on my pictures and go to view them I can't see them only comments on the photo. can someone please help me undo what I did?
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

can't see photos in my album after right clicking and choosing block now can't restore please help  Empty Re: can't see photos in my album after right clicking and choosing block now can't restore please help

Post by Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:23 pm

You use Firefox, I presume? If so, goto Tools > Options > Load Images Automiatically > Exceptions > Select "photos.fbcn" or "facebook.com" > Remove site.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

can't see photos in my album after right clicking and choosing block now can't restore please help  Empty Re: can't see photos in my album after right clicking and choosing block now can't restore please help

Post by C-Dawg Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:55 pm

I followed your instruction but didn't find either photos.fbcn or facebook.com so I do not know what to do. thank you for your help. And I am a firefox user. can you offer any other help.
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:13 am

Any blocked sites link on that list?

Also, do you use any extensions such as AdBlock?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Dawg Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:22 am

Please forgive my ignorance, but I am new to computers so my skills are low and my knowledge and vocab are limited. your step by step is so helpful, but I'm afraid that I don't know what adblock is or whether I have it or not. I'm trying to understand your statement that any blocked sites link on that list. so if I remove all sites then my photos will show back up? or do i have to add those sites facebook.com photos.fbcn to the list?
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 am

No worries, I'll try explain this to the fullest detail then. Very Happy

I meant is this list has any blocked sites on your Firefox browser.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AdBlock is an extension or plug-in that blocks every advert image or flash object so that you don't get spammed or annoyed by them. It also allows you to control what content you want to show, and what content you don't want to show. Among them, images. If you don't know what it is, though, I don't think you've installed it or use it.

Would you mind explaining, step by step, how exactly you managed to hide those pictures? Also, please attach a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of that small drop-down menu you get when you right-click an image on Facebook. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Dawg Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:49 am

Thank you for working with me.
Yes I believe your right about adblock and me not using it.
OK step by step; first I was in my Mothers profile page then I clicked on her photos, she had asked me to delete one that made her look fat, so I right clicked the Image and the drop down had a block this photo from viewing on it and I clicked on It her picture disappeared. just that one no others. but when I went to view my photos to see if I could view the blocked photo I couldn't see any of my pictures. when I select them singularly. If you describe how to do a screenshot I will do that.
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:00 am

No problem, that's what we do! Very Happy
Actually, if you click on "screenshot" above, you'll be taken to a guide that explains you how to take one, step-by-step. Don't need it anymore since your explanation was enough, but it may become handy in the future.

What I have stated above should solve your problem.

1. Go to the "Tools" menu
2. Choose "Options"
3. Click on the "Content" tab
4. Across from "Load images automatically" click "Exceptions"
5. Highlight the Facebook URL

- Make sure none of these URL's is on that list.
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Note at "a8" may change for "a1", "a2", and so on).
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6. Click "Remove site"
7. Close the Exceptions window
8. Click "OK"
9. Restart your browser (Close it an re-open it)

If you don't see an "Options" selection in the "Tools" menu, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to the "Firefox" menu
2. Choose "Preferences"
5. Highlight the Facebook URL
6. Click "Remove site"
7. Close the Exceptions window
8. Click "OK"
9. Restart your browser

Any luck?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Dawg Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:23 am

I followed your directions and when I try to view my photos one at a time they will not display. The tags show up on the screen where my photo should be but no picture.
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 am

Are we correct in saying that no pictures on Facebook are appearing?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Dawg Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:31 am

NO I can see my photos in the photo albums but when I click on a single photo at a time I can't view it. the comments show up and all the people who tagged it their names show on the screen when I drag the cursor over where they would be in the picture If it were there.but the photo does not appear only when I click a single photo to view one at a time.
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 am

Please go to the exceptions window as outlined by The Listener.
The Listener wrote:
1. Go to the "Tools" menu
2. Choose "Options"
------
If you don't see an "Options" selection in the "Tools" menu, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to the "Firefox" menu
2. Choose "Preferences"

Are there any links that are currently blocked there, and if so, what are they?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Dawg Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Yes there are to many to name at least one hundred. Are there any specific names I could look for?
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Please do not write your posts in CAPS. It seems you were yelling and we're trying to help.

I'm 100% sure your pictures are being blocked by Firefox. If you want to, try another browser (Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) and you WILL see them. Happy

If that list has a hundred links... you should have mentioned that before. Tongue Could you share a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with as many links as you can show us? One of them belongs to that particular album.

PS: Click on 'screenshot' to read the guide and learn how to take and share one. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Dawg Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:10 am

Thats funny I hurt your cyber feelings with a capitol O. I didn't type that to "yell" I didn't even realize that it was possible. It was simply a typo. forgive me please.
Anyway I did go to another web browser and yes I can view my photos on internet ex. However, snapshot is looking to be to difficult for me at this time. So I would like to ask if I can go through my list one at a time, remove one, check my pics and if it doesn't work put it back on by typing it back in, or will that mess something up. I have more like 500 in that list.
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 am

Cyber feelings? C-Dawg, if you want us to help you, show some respect. Wink

Remove all the ones that have "fb" or "facebook" on them.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Dawg Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:58 am

Yea I erased all the ones with fb or facebook in them and still no luck.
C-Dawg
C-Dawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 am

Let's try something else. On FireFox, go to any photo in that album whose photos you can't see. Then, right click your mouse on any white part of the page, and choose View Source Code. Copy it all (Ctrl + A) and paste it here, using this format, please.

Code:
[code]Paste all the code here[/code]

Let's hope the photos aren't being deleted from the DOM. Tongue Thanks. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am

This topic has been moved from Photo and Video Support to Awaiting Reply since the OP has not replied within a week. If the Original Poster does not reply in 3 more days, this will then be moved to Abandoned without further notice. Please, only the OP may reply.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down