Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temp banned from sending messages (emails)

2 posters

Go down

Temp banned from sending messages (emails) Empty Temp banned from sending messages (emails)

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 pm

so yesterday i got a message when trying to REPLY to incoming messages saying that i have been banned temp from sending messages..(including friends)

1- how long will this last?
2- how come i can send NEW messages to friends?
3- how come i can read messages?
4- how come i can send and receive messages on facebook on my phone
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Temp banned from sending messages (emails) Empty Re: Temp banned from sending messages (emails)

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

1. From 24-48hs or longer if you keep on forcing the system to allow you to send messages.
2. Could be a bug.
3. Read and write are 2 different concepts.
4- Because some security measures don't apply for the Mobile or iPhone site.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Temp banned from sending messages (emails) Empty Re: Temp banned from sending messages (emails)

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:11 pm

1- ok today is 24 hours.. as far as U know this is TEMP right?
2-4 interesting lol

i heard blocks are done by computer but taking them off are done manually
thanks
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:13 pm

i just tried once today to see if it worked

the events that prompted this was i was posting and it didnt seem to go so i hit post 3 times
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:16 pm

So this got solved after pressing the button several times, at last? Very Happy

And yes, the iPhone and Mobile sites aren't applied some measures because some devices don't support its coding. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:21 pm

solved? no i mean thats why i got banned
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh.. then yeah, you should wait a day or so and then try again, it's definitely temporary. Be sure not to try to do it before these 24hs or the ban time will be automatically lengthened.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:33 pm

how will i know its lifted ? only way i found out it was on was when i logged in
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Facebook won't notify you when that happens, you will just have to try again in 24 hours. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm

ugh so they notify me its ON but not off..sigh.. and what if it goes past 48 hours or never comes off?

Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 pm

It will be turned off, don't be such a pesimist. And they can't notifiy you since blocks are done automatically and lifted manually. Remember Facebook has over 600 million users.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:12 pm

re: 600m- yea so and LOL

re: never coming off- thats my luck.. (i know zynga isnt FB) but a game got messed up- still isnt fixed..

so lets say 48 hrs from now.. sat afternoon- the latest? oh wait sat is a weekend

(tho it happened last - wed- night so maybe tmrw nite- but lets say sat night to be safe)

if it doesnt turn off can i say I TOLD U SO Happy
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:13 pm

this really bites esp since what caused it was an accident
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

There will be a "told you so" if you keep on whining and Facebook disables your account. There won't if you just wait 24 hours, 48 TOP, until they unblock you.

600 million users. And so? So how do you expect a reduced group of people, such as Facebook employees (there are no more than 700 people working for them), to be able to answer all your queries and unblock you instantly, even though it was an accident? Facebook has an automated system that blocks accounts or features depending if a feature is considered abused (for instance, sending too much messages in a shot time).

To make a long story short, block will be lifted. End. Of. Story. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:45 pm

i'm not trying it every min - i tried once today..

i'll wait til sat - but do they work weekends?
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm

They have branches all over the world, so there's always a Facebook employee online, 24/7. Just be patient and try on Saturday. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 pm

LOL ok ok Happy

we'll see wink
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 pm

do you think i'll need to log out and back in sat nite?

and you know what i'm thinking how will someone in say the japan office know the US office put a block that needs to come off.. and yes i am a worry wort LOL
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:07 pm

*Sigh*

No, when it's Saturday, just try sending a messagr to any of your friends. No need to log off, no need to deactivate your account, no need to contact Facebook, just WAIT.

In the meantime, you can have a look around the forum. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:07 pm

LOL ok tx
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Blomd37 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 pm

(i'm still worried) if i'm this uptight but this- can u imagine last month when i had surgery with general anesthesia? LOL
Blomd37
Blomd37
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Enough. You've been told what to do. No need to start posting comments that have nothing to do with this topic.

Good luck with your issue. Open up a new topic if you need further assistance.

==> Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down